Guest JPJ2007

Guest JPJ2007

Hello guys/gals.

I've been doing some research online and Signed up for a TN Permit class,

I had class yesterday and today. 5 hours in the classroom and a few today

in the range.

I had 3 instructors and they were great. Lots of great information, Stories

and knowledge etc...

Before today, I've never shot a weapon (Gun, Rifle etc...)

I bought a Glock 23 .40 just before class yesterday.

This was after deciding on a glock, then feeling what felt best in my hands. I have large hands so the small was

way too small, and the Full size was just to big to even try to conceal. so the 23 it was.

I passed and did pretty well from what I'm told by the instructors for

my first time ever shooting a gun. I'm very happy with my choice (G23) so far and look forward to spending much more time at the range.

Heres a couple pics and I look forward to being active on this forum.

17031_1168160053413_1510290100_30362692_8224254_n.jpg

17031_1168160093414_1510290100_30362693_2371089_n.jpg

Now the most important part my Target paper.

Not to shabby IMHO for my first time. I hope to get much better with time.

Over half my rounds were sub 3"

This was 50 rounds, but my first 50 were the same. :)

17031_1168099291894_1510290100_30362587_6908151_n.jpg

Edited by JPJ2007
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the show

was Ken one of the instructors and did you go to owl hollow to shoot?

I think the 23 is the best gun for someone starting out . my wife has had one for around 15 years and still has no desire for anything else.

Edited by SHbicycle
Guest JPJ2007

Ken sure was! Worked for the FBI and instructor at the academy and now a Active Officer?

A&B is who I went through class. And I'm really happy with their class, I learned a lot

and they talked about stuff I never would have thought about.

We went to the range just near percy priest lake. Weather wasn't the best so they decided on that range.

It was nice