Carry options

Guest ORgunner

Guest ORgunner

As my other posts stated i just got my hcp. I have a glock 23 and was wondering if anyone else had one and what kind oh holster and which way everyone does it. Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll get a different answer from everyone. It's basiclly what works for you vs what works with what you wear.

That's sounds kinda off but the reality is, whatever makes you feel comfortable is how it should be done.

Most of us use several holsters depending on the situation.

I have a Don Hume belt slide holster, a Don Hume IWB, and a couple of OWB paddle holsters for my guns. My advice would be to start out with the less expensive ones to get an idea of which style works best for you, then get a really nice one, or two.

I have the required holster drawer full of stuff I rarely use, and even make my own hosters, but I always end up with a Bianchi Carry-Lock (Model 82?) holster for whatever I carry most of the time. They are very secure, ride nicely, conceal well, and look nice. I also like the Crossbreed Super Tuck - if you're carrying a larger gun, they'll keep it hidden and comfortable.

I carry my Glock 21 in a Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB, DeSantis OWB 3 slot strong side holster, or a G&G slide holster. Not so much the last one, but definately the first 2 depending on how dress or where I'm going. BTW, I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs. 38 waist size. Mostly wear cargo pants or relaxed fit jeans when carrying the G21.

I sometimes carry a Glock 19, which is the same frame as the G23, and I alternate between carrying IWB with an MTAC, or OWB with a Don Hume 721OT or Safarliand 6377. Conceals easily with the first two under just a tshirt... the latter requires a coat or sweatshirt.

I've just been carrying about a month and I have the Glock 19 which is the 9mm twin to your gun. I tried on several options and bought a relatively cheap IWB which I returned immediately because it didn't take long to decide it would not be "all day" comfortable. I subsequently spent a little more on a Crossbreed Supertuck and I've found it to be very comfortable. I've not tried any Paddle or OWB holsters b/c I'm a skinny guy who wears suits a lot so I'm not sure if they would be concealable for me.

Guest ORgunner

Ok thanks for the input fellas. I have been looking at the crossbreed iwb supertuck.The gun shop I go to has some galco iwb holsters that I've looked at before.

I use the Don Humes JIT slide holster. I like it, it fits close to my body.

My first newbie holster was a Blackhawk Serpa. Didn't know any better, and was told that was what the cops used. :) I liked the retention feature on it, so I got it. After wearing a few times, I decided it was too bulky. It was too late to take it back, so I'll keep it and rig it up somewhere.

I also carry a Glock 23. My carry options depend on the weather and the type of clothing I may be wearing. If it is cold outside and I am wearing a baggy sweater and jacket, I will carry in my Blackhawk Serpa holster. In warmer weather or if I am not wearing a bulky sweater and jacket then I usually carry in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster.

Guest biggun215

UNCLE MIKES KYDEX $20-$25 AND IT WORKS GREAT FOR ALMOST ANYTHING I WEAR, JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A STURDY BELT OTHERWISE ANY HOLSTER YOU USE IS JUNK. DONT CARRY ON A CHEAP BELT!!! GOOD ONES CAN BE FOUND FOR AROUND $40 AND LAST FOREVER.