Department of Labor Liars

Someone with the department of labor is about to get an ear full. My regular unemployment claim ran out on 1-31-10. I qualified for a new claim and so I submitted a new one and got approved at even more money than I was making before (long story). Anyways, I talked to a supervisor over there that Senator Yager had contact me. I asked him point blank if I was going to have to wait four weeks to get paid like you do when you file your initial claim. He said since I had already had a claim there would be no waiting period. Well I certified Sunday like I was suppose to. Check was to have been mailed Monday, It was to arrive yesterday and did not come so I gave it until today, then checked the website and it shows that I have a four week waiting period before I get anything. I documented everything they told me in writing and have exact dates and times. I have contacted them again about it. I am waiting to hear back. I turned all that documentation over to my attorney a few minutes ago. When they call back he wants me to record the conversation and try and get them to admit that (which they wont im sure). He said if they try and give me the run around we might be able to pursue a lost wages lawsuit against em. So, if I do not get paid for four weeks I cannot pay my bills which the state obviously does not give a damn about. Anyways, sorry for the long winded rant I had to vent to someone. I am so mad i want to whip someone's butt but cant.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a call from the supervisor I had talked to nearly a week ago. This time I recorded the conversation. He stated I should be getting my check next week. I advised that if I didnt we would go from there. SO basically, if I dont get my check next week then the tape recording goes to my attorney and he gets involved then.

DOL is a PITA. I got approved for my claim, because my previous employer never responded. The other day I get a letter in the mail saying that they have now filed an appeal. At least I will still get paid until the appeal process begins (I'm hoping my interview tomorrow goes well and I don't have to worry about their sorry asses anymore).

DOL is a PITA. I got approved for my claim, because my previous employer never responded. The other day I get a letter in the mail saying that they have now filed an appeal. At least I will still get paid until the appeal process begins (I'm hoping my interview tomorrow goes well and I don't have to worry about their sorry asses anymore).

Yeah,

That happened to me when I worked at Brinks Home Security in Knoxville. My attorney and I had it set up to where they were going to have to travel from Knoxville to Dayton to have the hearing. The day before the hearing I got a good paying job so I called the people up and let em know. I'll bet brinks was relieved cuz I had a bunch of crap on them enough to write a novel and about how they would not accomodate my hearing impairment when I requested a two ear muff head set and what not so they would have been in deep doo doo and I think they knew it because they kept trying to stall and delay things.

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but I hope you are looking real hard for a job.

That money is going to get harder and harder to get. They have to pay too many bureaucrats that still have their jobs just to pay you. And, if you haven't noticed,

the messiah is stretching government employment to the bursting point. It doesn't

look promising. Good luck to your job hunting. If you are looking for only a job in your

area of expertise, I hope you expand your sights to other areas.

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but I hope you are looking real hard for a job.

That money is going to get harder and harder to get. They have to pay too many bureaucrats that still have their jobs just to pay you. And, if you haven't noticed,

the messiah is stretching government employment to the bursting point. It doesn't

look promising. Good luck to your job hunting. If you are looking for only a job in your

area of expertise, I hope you expand your sights to other areas.

Yes,

I am looking for a job daily, I have been looking for the last 7-8 months. I have submitted at least 500 apps or more and not heard back. Every week I meet with a lady from Vocational Rehabilitation that is giving me job leads as well and I apply for those. We also have a once a month job club that I go to even though it is dumb as hell. Trust me, this aint from lack of trying. I dont like sitting at home on my arse. I get bored pretty quick. Also, people have asked how come I dont just take a minimum wage job. 1. I need health benefits and still have cobra and the stimulus pays 60% of it. Also, I am making more money drawing unemployment than I would doing minimum wage.

((I just got a call from the supervisor)) I had talked to nearly a week ago. ((This time I recorded the conversation)). He stated I should be getting my check next week. I advised that if I didnt we would go from there. SO basically, if I dont get my check next week then the tape recording goes to my attorney and he gets involved then.

I thought recorded telephone calls could not be used in court? Only those that are recorded in person with only one party aware of the recording process, mainly me being the knowing person.

I thought recorded telephone calls could not be used in court? Only those that are recorded in person with only one party aware of the recording process, mainly me being the knowing person.

I dont know. I am just doing what my attorney said to do.

Different states have different laws, I'm pretty sure that TN is a 1 party state, meaning that any known party to the conversation may record the call without approval from any of the other parties on the call.

Thanks for the info. I knew that a personal conversation could be recorded but was informed a few years ago that a recorded telephone conversation would not hold in court. This would have been real nice to have used 10 years ago,and thats all I'm gonna say about it. After further reading and thinking about things, the 3rd party clause is the key to the telephone recording, thus me being informed of not being able to use the recording in court.

Edited by steamnsteel
Thought things over a little