Have a chance to buy this, any opinions?

bassmaster

I have always wanted a 1911, but always been afraid of the .45 recoil. I have shot one .45 and it was a taurus 24/7 .45. The recoil was dreadful.

I have a chance to buy a Kimber TLE/RL II with night sights and 4" barrel. From research, its a good price (under $800 with less than 25 rounds thru it).

Any opinions on the make, model, etc?

P.S. - If I just cant get used to the .45, will it be hard to trade/sell?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

Purchase the Kimber .45. Learn the proper techique for gripping a .45 auto. You will like the .45. A good .45 can always be sold.

Jimmy

Edited by JimmyJ
Guest BEARMAN

Go for it. If the recoil is bothersome, get you a Past shooting glove & some ear protection, and put some rounds downrange.

Soon, it will feel "mild" to you...trust me on this one, bassmaster. It may take two or three hundred rounds, before you get used to it, and then you will come to love the .45 acp round in a 1911 pistol.

And if not, you won't have any trouble selling that piece. :D

Well, I pulled the trigger and now here she sits: (but, I might add that it will be traded or sold before long. I just do not like the recoil or feel like I thought I would.) I like the Night Sights though. I like all the papers and box/extras. And I bought an 8 rd mag to go with it. Wish I liked it......... Oh, and I cant stand the single action only crap!!! Give me a sa/da Sig!!! :D

Kimber Tactical Law Enforcement 4" w/Rail and Meprolights...........

SANY0325.jpg

Edited by bassmaster
Guest davidz71

That's a shame. I have a Sig 229, an XD40 and our department uses revolvers as well as some Glock 22 & 23 models. My three 1911 45's put them all in their place in my opinion after shooting them all. Are you using 230 hardball? If so, try out Winchester 185 truncated cone for practice and Remington 185 grain Golden Saber for the street. I learned a long time ago that 230 gr. hardball seems to punish me more while the others are more comfortable.

What's the problem with "locked and loaded" single action?

I just dont like the idea that if it is decocked, a stressfull situation, I cant pull the trigger and it fire. I have to rack or cock it. And I think its a little heavy for carry. Im looking for a dual purpose gun. Nightstand (besides my tactical 12g), and carry.

Yeah, all I could find was some 230gr.

See, I am more of a loaded and decocked carry type.....

OOOOOH man. That's just asking for trouble. More accidents with the 1911 trying to decock it that anything else. You're better off carrying uncocked and unloaded than that. If that is the only way you like to fly, I'd suggest the Cylinder and Slide Safety.

OOOOOH man. That's just asking for trouble. More accidents with the 1911 trying to decock it that anything else. You're better off carrying uncocked and unloaded than that. If that is the only way you like to fly, I'd suggest the Cylinder and Slide Safety.

Not a 1911. What I meant is id rather have a Double action Sig with a decocker to where I can carry it loaded and decocked with a heavy first trigger pull.

Guest manofsteel

I also just got my first 1911 I like mine but ive been carring a long time. I also carry a pt111 no hammer but one in the chamber and safety on is the same as cocked and locked. The main thing is to carry what YOU feel good with. A .45 +p mite be ok for me but a 9mm could be what your comfortable with. you should not have a hard time getting your money back.

Not a 1911. What I meant is id rather have a Double action Sig with a decocker to where I can carry it loaded and decocked with a heavy first trigger pull.

Oh OK, I gotcha. Me I hate that first heavy trigger pull. Though I did carry a 228 for many years.