Bass Pro Posted?

I visited the Bass Pro Shop at Opry Mills last evening and left my gun in the car thinking someone had commented about Opry Mills being posted.

I went in to Bass Pro and saw no posting and looked hard for it.

I did see a sign that said "Check all firearms and bows at Customer service". It was about 20 feet from me as I went through the turnstyle and it was posted perpendicular to the entrance. You would have to be really looking to notice it.

So I assume they are not legally posted?? anyone else know about Bass Pro???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've carried at that Bass Pro and I've carried in that big Opry Mills and didn't have a problem. No one saw though b/c my gun was concealed. There is a restaurant in Opry Mills that serves liquor that would be illegal to carry in. The rest of Opry Mills would be legal to carry in except the restaurant.......now if you ask the owners of Opry Mills of course they'll tell you know.....but they didn't pat me down at the door either....me and my 38 got in just fine.

Guest clsutton21
Please quit passing on misinformation. Opry Mills Mall IS NOT POSTED ANYWHERE ON ANY DOOR.

You're right. It's posted on the wall of every major entrance and when leaving bass pro where it says, "NO FIREARMS PERMITTED BEYOND THIS POINT"

I didn't know it would matter whether or not it was posted on the door as long as it's posted at all. Why cause trouble for permit holders? Or you just gonna turn a kwik on us?

Edited by clsutton21
Guest spoolie

You're still wrong...Opry Mills mall IS NOT POSTED!!! I go to that mall several times per week. You are not allowed to purchase a gun and walk out the mall, you must take it to your car...but that's bass pro rules...

NOT THE MALL RULES GENIUS...ONCE AGAIN, QUIT PASSING ON WRONG INFO.

Guest clsutton21
You're still wrong...Opry Mills mall IS NOT POSTED!!! I go to that mall several times per week. You are not allowed to purchase a gun and walk out the mall, you must take it to your car...but that's bass pro rules...

NOT THE MALL RULES GENIUS...ONCE AGAIN, QUIT PASSING ON WRONG INFO.

Well I'm gonna drop it here...but go into the mall that you frequent so often, take a picture of the code of conduct signs posted everywhere, and bring it back for us that know how to read. That way, we can tell you what it says, maybe we can draw a picture of a gun with a slash through it or something....maybe then you still wouldn't understand.

Guest clsutton21

...you people just don't get it. Why would you even bother? Why does it matter if it's posted on the door or the wall? Why would you want to cause any trouble at all?

Guest spoolie
Opry Mills is not posted. Their code of conduct does not count. It is not LEGALLY posted on any entrance of that mall. The key word here is LEGALLY.

That's what I've been trying to tell this kid...it is not posted properly...or even at all on any of the entrances other that 1 exit from bass pro...which isn't legal either...

Ignore this guy...you/we can legally carry inside Opry Mills mall.

Not a mod, but lets keep this civil. It sounds like it is posted in a sense that it is one of the line items in a list of rules (No Skating, No crack, No guns, No littering, etc.), which we know is not a legal posting, due to not having the required language.

It also sounds like bass pro has posted signs which is referencing guns that are purchased at the store, they don't want you to buy one, and walk through the mall with it over your shoulder. This seems to be the intent of that sign.

Guest Broomhead

I am not Voldemort or whatever his name is. What I am is a knowledgeable gun owner and HCP carrier. I know the law, I know when and if I will be causing problems. I know what, where, and how signs must be posted in order to prohibit guns from a premises. Signs must be in a conspicuous, easy to be seen, location on every public entrance to a premises. It must be worded substantially similar to TCA 39-17-1359, which we have all seen so I will not copy it here. The only area at Opry Mills Mall that is posted legally and correctly is the Regal movie theaters.

Guest 10mm4me
Actually. It says, no firearms beyond this point when you leave Bass Pro and also is posted at the doors and on the pillars inside.

I like to pretend I am reading something so as not to notice those signs.

Guest Broomhead
I still believe their intent is for a purchaser of a rifle or shotgun, not to go out through the mall entrance/exit, but go out the outside exit to your car.

Agreed on that one.