meet the new night stand resident

lowbud

picked it up yesterday from a fellow member. can't wait to get a little actual range time with it vs plinking in the yard. this is my first xd in several years, the XD45 service 4" and it takes the place of the sv40ve that i resided here for the past few years.

now all i need is to pick up a nice light/laser combo and i'll be all set.

nightst.JPG

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

As I sit and type, my Nightstand Beauty sits at my side.

The XD45 Service model 4", black on black.

It's heavy, clunky and awkward (like me), but I carry it quite often as an EDC. I also have the XD40 Subcompact

Can't go wrong with the XD's. You will love it! Get some XS Big Dots for it too.

Keep us posted on what light you decide upon.

Guest bkelm18

Very nice. I love XDs, I just wish they made a Compact 9mm (shorter grip but 4" barrel). I know you can "make" one but I'd rather not. I like the silver on dark earth. Enjoy! :up:

Very nice. I love XDs, I just wish they made a Compact 9mm (shorter grip but 4" barrel). I know you can "make" one but I'd rather not. I like the silver on dark earth. Enjoy! :up:

Yeah I wanted something different. I have never had an off color gun before and I'm not really a fan of OD. This thing however is growing on me. It's big and quite heavy but for a night stand and range gun it wont be a problem. I'll not be carrying it.

You said laser/light combo didn't you. Unless you have above average to large hands you might not care for the CT lasergrips. I put a set on my xd9sc and found it increased the girth of the grip considerably. Just an fyi comment. I should have known that since I was happy with the Streamlight unit on my 4" 357 xd.

You said laser/light combo didn't you. Unless you have above average to large hands you might not care for the CT lasergrips. I put a set on my xd9sc and found it increased the girth of the grip considerably. Just an fyi comment. I should have known that since I was happy with the Streamlight unit on my 4" 357 xd.

Na, i'll be looking for something on the rail. I have somewhat smaller hands and the CT grips would make this thing uncomfortable. right now it's perfect.

Nice lookin,I like that 2 tone OD green.

Congrats on the nightstand podna.Put some jhp's in that badboy

It's dark earth not OD. I was trying to say I didn't like off color guns especially OD plastic.. but this dark earth is growing on me.

It's dark earth not OD. I was trying to say I didn't like off color guns especially OD plastic.. but this dark earth is growing on me.

Not only can I not spell but now Im color blind.

I like the dark earth too.

I see we have the same taste in pocketknives :)

Ironic on the timing of seeing this. I had a Buck 110 at one time, got away from me somehow years ago -- but just this very day, while ordering a scope off Amazon, I've got another one coming, the 110FG (with the finger grooves).

Oh yeah, nice pistola too. XD fan here.

- OS

If I ever get my camera back from my bil, I'll post a pic of my G19 with the TLR 2 on it. I checked out Insight, and the Glock offering, went with Streamlight. I respect that everyone has different tastes, but I chose the TLR 2. Metal body, proven tough, adds a little weight. I've found that good for double taps.

If I ever get my camera back from my bil, I'll post a pic of my G19 with the TLR 2 on it. I checked out Insight, and the Glock offering, went with Streamlight. I respect that everyone has different tastes, but I chose the TLR 2. Metal body, proven tough, adds a little weight. I've found that good for double taps.

I been looking at those. I really haven't decided just yet. still kinda looking around. I'm half tempted to go green if I can find something to my liking..

does that one have a mechanical safety. according to the book some xd45 had a mechanical safety in addition to the grip+trgger safety

They do make them with the thumb safty but this one doesn't have it.

Guest 1817ak47

I don't ever recall seeing one with a thumb safety, that is a big bummer IMOI even though my choice one is my xd9, I feel it is not safe to have it chambered due to 3 felines and beer drinking from time to time. but there are great pistols, don't get me wrong, that is the only thing I would eve change if I could, except a external hammer