XDM Carry Question

rd97

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a full size Glock 21 and even though I can carry it in my OWB or IWB holsters, I usually don't because of the grip lengths and weight of a full sized service pistol. I'd much prefer a compact or subcompact pistol for EDC. The Glock 19 is a good compact with a full hand grip so your pinky don't hang off and mag changes don't pinch your hand.

I have a XDM in .40. I've only carried it three or four days total due to the weight. I got a new belt and it helped somewhat but it was on days when I knew I'd have a coat on most of the time to help cover it.

I love the pistol and its a dream to shoot but it might be a little big for me to carry daily. I'm 5'10" and about 200lbs. I have a small of the back holster that is adjustable that keeps the gun at a managable cant so it can be covered with a sweatshirt

Most of the time, its just a whole lot easier to carry the Karh PM40 or the Walther PPS

Edited by crnchy

Not the same, but I carry an XD 40 service model, which is pretty big, IWB, every day, all day. I have a gun belt, and a CTAC holster. A good gun belt and holster makes all the difference in the world for comfort, IMO. I wear it at 3 O clock typically, canted forward, sometimes with a tshirt, I will wear it at 2 oclock, that way, the grip is running along my love handle area and does not stick out behind me.

Guest Baddawg865

I carry my xdm 40 for my winter carry. I hadn't got to carry it a lot, but when I have its been fine. Its not a big deal for me to carry. I'm 6'1, 260.

i have a xd 9 sc and find it somewhat uncomfortable for concealed carry. over on xdtalk.com there is very high praise for the Crossbreed Holsters Supertuck, you could give that a try before giving up on the xdm. i'm new to cc, but since getting a j-frame i think i've found what i'll be carrying.

Different guns will hide better for some than others. My build allows me to conceal a 5" 1911 better than my XD45 Compact. Go figure? I guess the width of the XD doesn't lay down as well as the 1911.

I have a MTAC with an XD shell and a 1911 shell so I'm even using the same holster when trying to hide them.

I carry my XDM9 in a Minotaur IWB holster at the 3 o'clock position at it's lowest clip position, meaning the gun is at its highest. Even though the gun sits higher on my waist, it is waaaaay more comfortable this way and still doesn't print. I agree that a good belt and holster make a world of difference. I can drive, sit, kneel, and bend over without ever feeling confined like some holsters can make you feel. I'm 6' 280lbs. and I admit I have some handles. There, I said it! :rolleyes:

Edited by gnmwilliams