Revolver for the wife. . .

turkeydad

Here in the next couple of weeks going to be looking for a bedroom gun for the boss. . .she currently uses my p95 but its a little bulky and she would prefer the simplicity of a wheel gun.

I really wish Ruger hadnt discontinued the sp101 in 9mm. . .that would be perfect as I have a ton of 9mm in both standard and +p+ offerings and would be just another 9mm consumer in the gun safe since I have the above mentioned p95 and a pc 9. Im not really too keen on introducing another pistol caliber into my gun budget (one pistol caliber 2 rifle calibers and 12 gauge is enough) especially for someone like me whe feels like he is out of ammo if gets under 500 rounds of each.

Anybody else other than Taurus make a 9mm revolver?

Any ideas?

Edited by turkeydad
content
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Charter Arms makes a revolver in 9mm, and you can get her one of the colored frame ones, if she prefers.

They are very well made revolvers, for the money. just my .02

www.charterfirearms.com

Has Charter actually brought their 9mm revolver to market, yet? I had heard that they had one in the works and that it will be capable of firing .380, as well but haven't seen one, yet and couldn't find a 9mm listed on their website. I'm wondering because I've been thinking that might be a good one to consider for my wife, as well.

According to this:

Charter Arms Rimless Revolver

Charter planned to release the .40 S&W revolver first - in late Fall of last year (although I still haven't personally seen one nor do I see it listed on the 'Products' section of their website) with the 9mm revolver and one chambered for .45acp to follow (but they don't give a timeframe on that.) I really like that they are designed to not need moon clips, etc.

Guest BEARMAN
Has Charter actually brought their 9mm revolver to market, yet? I had heard that they had one in the works and that it will be capable of firing .380, as well but haven't seen one, yet and couldn't find a 9mm listed on their website. I'm wondering because I've been thinking that might be a good one to consider for my wife, as well.

According to this:

Charter Arms Rimless Revolver

Charter planned to release the .40 S&W revolver first - in late Fall of last year (although I still haven't personally seen one nor do I see it listed on the 'Products' section of their website) with the 9mm revolver and one chambered for .45acp to follow (but they don't give a timeframe on that.) I really like that they are designed to not need moon clips, etc.

I thought they had already brought it out, along with the .40 S&W and the .45 acp...but, apparently not.

I wonder what the hold up is on it? I betcha those little gems will sell like hot-cakes on Sunday morning, when they do hit the shelves.

I have the Bulldog Pug in .44 spcl. w/ the Crimson Trace grips and I love it to death!!! Wife has the .38 spcl. Off Duty, and she manages very well with it.

Anybody else other than Taurus make a 9mm revolver?

Any ideas?

Smith & Wesson made them; you can still find them. Model 940’s can still be found.

There is a mint Model 547 on Gun Broker right now. Of course it has a $1400 buy it now price, but that doesn’t matter to you because it is for the protection of your wife. :D

You should be able find a good used S&W 4 inch barreled .38 or .357 pretty

resonable. I'd go this route for a relatively inexpensive, reliable and quality home defense revolver. I wouldn't consider a 9mm revolver a must and speed loaders are cheap and plentiful for most K-frame S&W's.

yeah the more research I do. . .the more its looking much cheaper to go ahead and add a new ammo to the mix. . .those above mentioned sp101 in 9mm are selling crazy high. .

Or better still I dont have to hurry. . .she uses my p95 on the night stand at night. . shes shot it about 250 rounds its ready to go with 16 9pble(s). .that charter arms rimless revolver looks awefull good to me. . might just wait for that to come out.

And if a real good bargain in a .38/.357 presents itself in the meantime. . .well heck just might do that too

Edited by turkeydad
content