have i lost my mind....

Parrothead

Any chance the wife and I can invite ourselves to this shoot?

I am so sorry,I did not see this until about 10 minutes ago.I will let you know a couple days in advance next time.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry,I did not see this until about 10 minutes ago.I will let you know a couple days in advance next time.

No worries....we are going to the range tomorrow to run a few hundred rounds through the wife's P238....and a few other select lead slingers....:blah:

Let's see, avg. price 500 x 10 = $5000. You think you got a 5000 dollar 1911 ?

No, I don't have a $5000.00 1911 but I have a half dozen I wouldn't take $2,500.00 ea. for

The P238 would not eat the Corbon ammo, no problem with the Hornady Cridical defense or all the ball ammo you can put through it.

The trigger must have just needed pulled a few more times,it got better after about 50 rounds.

Honestly does not surprise me about the Corbon due to the unique shape of their bullets if you know what I mean. I hope mine is flawless as well

No, I don't have a $5000.00 1911 but I have a half dozen I wouldn't take $2,500.00 ea. for

Hey, that's great. I've shot the old warhorse for 30 years. No better SD handgun,IMO. Now take 1.5 of those 1911s over to Toms and get 10 Glocks for them.:D

Guest 10mm4me
Well, you asked for feedback...

There is no way I would trade a G26 for any .380. The G26 is a far more effective carry weapon, hands down.

Yes, if you make this trade you have lost your mind IMO.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000:screwy:

Would not trade a 1911 or anything that looked like it for a Glock.

A big "G" doesn't look like a real gun, but if I had a Glock, I would

want to keep it. Just for braggin rights. Shucks, I've got friends

that have two of them. <g>

You lost your mind when you asked that question. Just kidding. Never would I make that trade. Do what I have decided to do. Keep your old guns and save for the new gun. It is hard to be patient, but it beats the remorse of getting rid of a gun that you like. I was looking to trade almost all of my guns for a motorcycle last year. I am glad no one took me up on it.

Dress around the gun and you won't have a problem. It might mean buying some trousers a size bigger and carrying IWB. How committed are you to carry? A good holster that fits the gun and a good gun belt are also essential.

I guarantee you that you would not be able to tell that I am carrying a Hi Power with 2 extra mags and a 442 as a BUG with two reloads when all I am wearing is a T shirt and shorts.

I am not that committed to every day carry. besides the fact i could never pull it off. I could get away with the 442 and a couple of reloads but not both wearing a mear t-shirt and shorts. don't think I would want to either. but that's just me.. if you can get away with it and feel comfortable.. go for it.

back to the OP. I wouldn't trade. you'll probably be sorry later. happens to me all the time.

I am not that committed to every day carry. besides the fact i could never pull it off.

I wasn't either. Had my permit for years before it ever occurred to me. When I realized that "trouble doesn't make an appointment", that's when I became convicted. It was very strange at first, but now is second nature to me and I actually feel somewhat "naked" when I am unarmed.

I carry everywhere I go, except to work, where it is prohibited.

I wasn't either. Had my permit for years before it ever occurred to me. When I realized that "trouble doesn't make an appointment", that's when I became convicted. It was very strange at first, but now is second nature to me and I actually feel somewhat "naked" when I am unarmed.

I carry everywhere I go, except to work, where it is prohibited.

you're right. I just haven't realized it yet. I carry local when I think about it and always carry if traveling out of my local environment. I suppose I would feel differently if I lived in or near a bigger city but around here I can't think of a time when I didn't feel safe.

I'm trying to force myself to carry more often which is why (and don't go there) I pack a small 380. it's the most comfortable lightest gun I can carry and not know it's there. I absolutly love my Kahr PM40 and carry it any time I OWB (IWB is not an option for me) but in cases where I can't cover OWB the 380 slips into the pocket without even knowing it's there..