Aguila .380 FMJ?

Picked up 2 boxes of this today at Coal Creek. Has anyone personally used Aguila .380 ammo? It is the only .380 I have found in the last 2 weeks that wasn't extremely overpriced. I was hoping someone could tell me what success they have had with the ammo? thanks

Edited by Erik88
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just seen your ammo post,22.00 for 50 round box sounds like a good price.I think when you pull the trigger with that ammo in your .380 you are going to think its a 9mm

I just seen your ammo post,22.00 for 50 round box sounds like a good price.I think when you pull the trigger with that ammo in your .380 you are going to think its a 9mm

Man I hope not! Ya I figured it was about the best price I'm going to find. I also have a p238 like you. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet so I just want to find something the Sig likes. After you guys shoot this weekend let me know how your p238 performs and what kind of ammo you fed it.

It shoots well in P238. TCP and LCP. :woohoo:

Wow, do you have all 3? Which gun did you enjoy shooting the most? I have to admit the price of the TCP is appealing compared to what I payed for the p238, but the TCP doesn't have the "coolness" factor IMO:p

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have shot a few boxes of the stuff 3 to be exact. It was what was available at the time. (around 20 bucks for 50)

I found it a pretty hot little round but then again when I shoot my 380's it is mostly range re-loads as any good stuff is very hard to find.

I use the Horady Critical Defense for carry and will shoot a few of those each trip, the Aquila seemed to have a bit more punch than even those.

After shooting up all three boxes I wished I had kept one back for back-up defense rounds.:woohoo:

Heading out in just a few to make the rounds looking for rounds. If I see any more I will sure grab it. I liked it just fine.

We are going to shoot now, we are shooting Hornady Critical Defense,Corbon and a blue box fmj in the P238

I will report this afternoon.

Daniel is going to be at TCGD in 10 min. I hope he has enough gas money to get home haha.

Guest Hookshot35

I have shot a couple boxes of Aguila in my Bersa Thunder .380. Never a failure or a problem, but then again, knock on wood, I have never had any malfunctions ofany kind in the bersa. Seems like good ammo. It has a pretty good pop to it, but not as much as the Herters from Cabelas. I've seen the specs on it. Even though it feels strong, I believe it was 900 +/- fps round.