granddaughter is bored, where can we go?

lowbud

Hey all.. my granddaughter is here from sunny California for a week and she's getting a little stir crazy. She just turned 3 in december and i'm looking for fun places to take her.

This time of year sucks casue it's cold and lots of places I know are closed for the winter.. give me some ideas, within like two hours travel or so.. Nashville, Jackson, Clarksville?

Edited by lowbud
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Hey all.. my granddaughter is here from sunny California for a week and she's getting a little stir crazy. She just turned 3 in december and i'm looking for fun places to take her.

This time of year sucks casue it's cold and lots of places I know are closed for the winter.. give me some ideas, within like two hours travel or so.. Nashville, Jackson, Clarksville?

Take her to Guns & Leather!:D

My 3 year-old loves to go to Opry Mills and hit the Rain Forest Cafe.

Believe it or not...I've most recently seen her get most excited at a high school basketball game. It's tournament time, so it's prime for action.

Guest mosinon

My kid went nuts for ice skating. Which was surprising because he couldn't go three feet without falling.

If I were you I'd have the grandkids blasting sams choice cans with a 22 off the back porch.

Heck, stay home and make messy things you can later eat in the kitchen.

I like chocolate chip cookies myself and the dough making is heaven to a 3 year old. Set the cookie pan on its side and let her throw dough balls till they stick!

3 year olds love to make messes. Chocolate chip sounds excellent. I don't know what a 3 year old would like in Nashville. You're already near the lake. Doesn't LBL

have some things you might take her to see? Like some wildlife? Personally I think the mess is better. That's what kids that age do best, and they make neat

pictures for later on.:D

Chuck E Cheese, one in clarksville and Jackson. The ones here in Memphis sell beer.....as an adult you will need it. For a 3 year old, this will hold her attention longer than anything probably.

I hate the place, but the kids seem to like it!

Chuck E Cheese, one in clarksville and Jackson. The ones here in Memphis sell beer.....as an adult you will need it. For a 3 year old, this will hold her attention longer than anything probably.

I hate the place, but the kids seem to like it!

I will probably take her to the one in Clarksville. I was just wondering if there was anything bigger. Chuck E Cheese is kinda lame imo, they needs to have like a kids quest or something.. it's like a Chuck E Cheese on steriods.

The mess has already been made with her NaaNa.. I would have her shooting in the yard but it's a muddhole. plus she's a tad young for that just yet. I'll wait till she can hold pencils and crayons a little better first.

Adventure Science Center, in Nashville, just off 8 th Ave. south, would be a great place to take her, and educational too.

+1. Easily a half day's worth of fun.

And make sure you get some range time in while you are there... You get to shoot some viruses :D:D:D

Does she like horses? How about a pony ride? I went riding once with a friend on rented horses, and it was cheap and fun. She found a place easily by just looking online.

a little cool yet but yes. she likes horses. see this is my problem. everything is closed outdoors this time of year. and i can't seem to locate anything indoors accept chuck e cheeses. may just have to go there again i suppose.

now that's what i'm talkin about.. cool.

Forgot about those, we only go because of parties, forgot they open to the public at different times. Just got be careful of bigger kids. But those places are fun!

• Admin Team

+1 on Adventure Science Center

Also, try JumpZone in Franklin. It's fun for kids (and the adults with them who get in free). It's cheap, and my 3 year old absolutely loves it. Birthday Party | Indoor Inflatable | Jumping Party | Bounce Play | Jump Zone in Franklin Tennessee

Saw the posts about BounceU. We've been to both. Jump Zone by far has the better inflatables. It's suprising how fast those vinyl slides can be.

Is there big playground around where you live? I used to love just running wild in playgrounds when I was a kid, heck McDonald's Playplace would work she could get a happy meal and toy then play in the playground. Wouldn't break the bank either.

Is there big playground around where you live? I used to love just running wild in playgrounds when I was a kid, heck McDonald's Playplace would work she could get a happy meal and toy then play in the playground. Wouldn't break the bank either.

MickieD's has already been worn out.. lol

Yeah we have playgrounds but freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw = total muddhole. not vary fun. looking for more indoor attractions..

Guest clsutton21
:rolleyes:Go back to the playpen the adults are trying to talk.:D

Says the guy that can't get into any of the places on 2nd ave...or better yet, any place that stays open past 11. :shrug: