Unorthodox carry methods?

Guest Halfpint

Guest Halfpint

Just wondering if anyone else has come up with a not-too-common method of carrying a pistol.

I don't mean like, taped to your back with Christmas-present labels a la John McClane, but a safe and viable alternative to belt/ankle/shoulder holsters.

I came up with something that I'm proud to say works extremely well with small lightweight guns. What I did was take a pocket holster (DeSantis SuperFLY to be specific) and sew it in the pocket of a hoodie, about 15* from horizontal. When I'm standing around the shop, walking in the mall, or just hanging out with friends around the house or wherever, I tend to keep my hands in my hoodie pocket anyway, so it keeps the gun right where I can get to it in a hurry--and the velcro flap covers the grip so nothing can hang on it.

I've also found it to be extremely comfortable driving or riding in a car, though as it's right-hand-draw, driving a car with a manual transmission would prove difficult. Still, it seems like it would be a decent anti-car-jacking rig.

Airweight (or lighter) J-frames, Keltecs, and the polymer Kahrs all seem like they would lend themselves to this. Does anyone else have some idea similar to this that they have found works well?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CrazyLincoln

I was thinking about getting some of those dockers with the hidden seam zip pockets and replace the zippers with velcro. Then I could have a thigh rig without being obvious.

Guest Boomhower
its not my invention,but it works ok.its a shoulder holster from galco that is inside your shirt,but lets your holster stay outside the shirt.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-x-project-holster-system.html

That is pretty cool. I've been thinking about a sholder rig since this will be my first winter carrying. I have never seen anything like this and it would solve one of the biggest concearns that I have with sholder rigs....thxs for the link.

Guest canynracer
Doesn't 5.11 make a shirt like that?

not sure...but those guys (masterofconcealment) has all kinds of things...some of the jackets with the built in pockets are pretty cool

Smart Carry looks like an alternative way of carrying a handgun. You can do a google search to find their company website. I have wondered how fast you can get to a handgun buried down in your pants.

I like using a dayplanner if i need to carry off my person, which is rare because i can carry in my pocket with a pocket holster. You just have to keep the dayplanner everywhere you go and not leave it in a bathroom, or someone has found themselves a new Christmas gift inside!

Guess I would have to take a better look at it before making a decision but it seems to me that it would be a good way to wear out a good shirt pretty quickly.

if its a good shirt it wont wear out.I wear mostly polos and hane not had a problem.if you like leather rigs you wont like this,but its nice having a system where you can take off your jacket,and not have those ugly leather straps.

How does the Galco system work? I may be missing something, but how does the holster attach to the staps?

the holster attaches the the harnes through the shirt using two mushroom shaped pins.

its not an everyday holster for me,but I do like it

Guest Phantom6
Butt-checks carry. It's all the rage with the Spetznaz. They stick their Makarov down the back of their pants and clench real tight. It leaves their hands free for maneuvers like this...

spetznaz.jpg

:biglol::lol::biglol:

Guest Cap and Ball

you might want to check out fastholster.com They have a holster that fits inside of a king size cup for a pocket pistol or a snubby. It is designed to shot through the bottom of the cup in a emergency. The one down fall is you have to have a pretty small hand to fit it inside the cup and fire your weapon effectively. Besides that it's a good idea.

Guest Phantom6

There goes Marswolf dragging out the idea of that Thunderwear **** again. You know Mars, cameltoe is acceptible and certainly enjoyable to view and ponder but as for "hammertoe"... well... NO.

Let me break it down for you.

• Cameltoe- Good
  • Hammertoe- BAD

...................:)

I'm with you on that one strickj.:up:

Guest Halfpint

I don't mean I need a small gun because it hides more easily; I mean for certain situations like when seated in a car--that's primarily where my idea comes in handy, I think.

Reef: I simply have a preference for mid-size weapons and larger calibers--it's the "real man" in me, I guess. :up: To tell the truth I have no problem hiding a USP Compact .45 every day of the year, and if I'm 155 I'm 300. I just like things people wouldn't expect, and that seems to fit.