Trophy room

I'd like to start a thread where we can all share some pictures and stories of our favorite trophy. Tell a little about the hunt if you want, who mounted the trophy (you or another Taxidermist) and when and where you got it (if you'd like).

WD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my favorite coyotes that I mounted last year. I was blowing a fawn bleat when he came running in to see what the fuss was all about. I arrowed him at about 15 yards. I mounted him using shoulder/pedestal mount from VanDykes. I have him looking slightly upwards. He was a young male weighing a little less than 27 pounds.Stuff017.jpg

Edited by wd-40
Guest billwilly73

This is a six point buck that my father got a couple years ago. It is not a giant and we didn't have it mounted. This was one of the last buck deer my father got to take before he passed away.

The funny thing about this trip, when we went to leave that morning the 4x4 truck had a dead battery and wouldn't start. So instead of staying home and fixing it, we being the redneck hunters we are, decided to take his 1971 Fully Restored Chevy C-10 lowered, 350, big cam, hotrod, toy. We didn't think we would have any luck anyways. Well you should have seen the looks we got hauling the bloody carcas around in that truck.

I asked dad about getting blood and deer stuff in his truck..........

He said " If I can't use a truck as a truck then I don't need it, plus soap and water go a long way."

dad6pt.jpg?t=1267649926

Austin6pointer-Nov2008.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

Here's a couple of my favorite trophies. They aren't anything that would wow you, but I like them because I was there when he took them. He shot them both with a rifle built for him by his grandfather with ammunition he loaded himself with my supervision, of course. Maybe we'll get him a big one some day, but I wouldn't take anything for these.

Guest BEARMAN

Took this big Tom while deer hunting with an 8mm Mauser back in the late 80's at about 75 yards.

He ran uphill about 100 yards, before he gave it up. Found him under a brush pile...couldn't believe the size hole the 8mm made, bout the size of a grapefruit coming out the other side.

Taxidermist patched him up where you couldn't even tell he had been shot!

He's still one of my favorite mounts!

Come on guys and gals...show your trophies!!! IMG_0919.jpg

I love the way that cat is mounted. I guess I'm going to have to dig out some pictures. Killed a real nice feral hog last fall. Just now getting around to mounting him. I'll post pics when he's done. Which will be as soon as I get my buddies fox head finished. Ho hum....

Guest BEARMAN
Killed a real nice feral hog last fall. Just now getting around to mounting him. I'll post pics when he's done. Which will be as soon as I get my buddies fox head finished. Ho hum....

Thanks WD...I got an ol Russian hog I shot a few years ago too...I'll post up pics & story, by this weekend.

You do taxidermy work for friends, for $$$ WD??? Just asking. :shrug:

This is one of my favorite coyotes that I mounted last year. I was blowing a fawn bleat when he came running in to see what the fuss was all about. I arrowed him at about 15 yards. I mounted him using shoulder/pedestal mount from VanDykes. I have him looking slightly upwards. He was a young male weighing a little less than 27 pounds.Stuff017.jpg

I thought about getting a shoulder mount on the next good coyote. Just wasn't sure what it would look like. Well next coyote I kill I am going to get a shoulder mount looks real cool.

Yes it is a cool mount I have never seen a pedestal mount coyote. I have a life size I will post as soon as I make my way to it in the basement.

I like the pedistal mounts alot more than a regular "hang on the wall" shoulder mount. Only problem is, you need a shelf or stand to hold them. I have a full body coyote mount that I'll get posted.

Guest Redneckgizmo

Guys I hunt for meat! I muzzleloader hunt with a 12" hex barreled 45 cal revolver & rifle hunt with a 15" barreled 270 encore handgun! Here's some pics of my trophys from the 09 season.

I killed these 3 with my muzzleloader.

5.jpg2-2.jpg1-2.jpg

2 does with encore!

4-1.jpg

3 does with my AR I just got it & had to try it out!

4.jpg

a little fryer my bro-n-law killed I been harassing him about it!

5-1.jpg

a pair of cats one from this year & one from a few years back!

2.jpg3-1.jpg

& here's one of a 10 point I killed in 08 with my bow!

1225550503.jpg

that's all the pics I had on my phone I'll try to find some more!

Here is a 8 pt that I got on opening day of gun of the 08 season. It was 11 degrees that morning and he came in following a doe. Shot him at about 50 yards.

Deer1.jpg

Deer2.jpg

Here is my daughters first deer from a couple of years ago.

DSCF0017-2.jpg

Here is a bobcat I got while deer huting.

bob.jpg