Trophy room

Here is a 8 pt that I got on opening day of gun of the 08 season. It was 11 degrees that morning and he came in following a doe. Shot him at about 50 yards.

Deer1.jpg

Deer2.jpg

Here is my daughters first deer from a couple of years ago.

DSCF0017-2.jpg

Here is a bobcat I got while deer huting.

bob.jpg

Thats a cool patch of hair on the bucks head,did you mount him. Congrats to your daughter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the hog mounts.We hunt them with dogs in South Texas and use a filet knife.I was on an eradication hunt once and we used a helocopter and AR'S.That was a blast.Another time was in a high rack,we chased them through the peanut fields with 12 ga. and extended load tubes.I will try to find pics,we killed 30 plus a night anywere from 10 lbs to 300+ lbs

Guest BEARMAN
I like the hog mounts.We hunt them with dogs in South Texas and use a filet knife.I was on an eradication hunt once and we used a helocopter and AR'S.That was a blast.Another time was in a high rack,we chased them through the peanut fields with 12 ga. and extended load tubes.I will try to find pics,we killed 30 plus a night anywere from 10 lbs to 300+ lbs

Man that sounds like a hoot, cjr! I've heard Texas was over run with hogs, and Outfitters are literally giving the hunts away for the price of the license, lodging and food.

BTW...I love the way you had your Coyote mounted, looks like he's spotted lunch!

Man that sounds like a hoot, cjr! I've heard Texas was over run with hogs, and Outfitters are literally giving the hunts away for the price of the license, lodging and food.

BTW...I love the way you had your Coyote mounted, looks like he's spotted lunch!

Thank You,

The hog are very thick,when you book a hunt of any kind you are allowed to shoot as many hogs and varmits as you can.

It is specially fun during bow season,you can set in a tripod stand or tree stand at a feeder and stick one after another.It is not uncommon to see groups of 50 or more

Guest BEARMAN

Got a Rug mount...not the biggest bear in the woods, but I got this Boar about 3 seasons ago, up in east Tennessee. Took him with a Marlin .35 Rem. lever rifle, 237 lbs. stand hunting. Let me tell ya cjr...they are much better eating, than what you have heard.

IMG_1290.jpg

I got this one about six years ago same bow. In the spring the meat is bad,after they come out of hybernation.In the fall after they have been in the canola,alfalfa and wheat fields they are great to eat.blackbear.jpg

Guest BEARMAN

cjr that is an awesome cinnamon full body mount, my friend! Maybe you and I need to hook up this fall and do a little Bruin hunting!

It starts up there with the opening of Tennessee's archery season.

This one about 3 years ago,same bow.I have 2 or 3 more hides around here somewere but they are just hides.The others I shot were 1st year bears I seen them many times and new someone had poched my stands and killed the momma,they wouldn't have made the winter so I crossed them out.All my bears were done by David Majors of Major Creationsbearrug.jpg

Guest BEARMAN

Got a couple places up in east Tennessee we can go, just have to put up with the hound hunters occasionally.

We could also do a road trip to Maine at this place, if your in to a guided hunt. Black Bear Hunting in Maine

They also kinda cater to hand gun hunters also. I'd love to take one with my Ruger Redhawk .44 mag.

I would like to check out Main and I would also like to pistol hunt.I have shot 5 or 6 bears all with bow,the shots up in Canada were 8 to 25 yard.Best weapon was a bow and I had over 50 bears taken with 30-30 iron sites.

I have heard the season here in East TN. is short and like you said there are alot of folks and hounds to deal with.

Taking one here at home would be pretty cool though.

Guest BEARMAN

Yea, the hound hunters have come thru my stand site with no regard to my setup...a real pita, to be sure. Kinda blows your hunt up...if you know what I mean.

There is a 4 day "no dogs" hunt on Thanksgiving weekend, which is pretty good.

Actually I usually let my friends con me into mounting stuff for zip. They tell me since I retired from being a taxidermist....I don't need the money no more. Friends... LOL

You're a good man, WD-40. Your friends are lucky to have a friend like you. Just callin' like I see um.

Guest BEARMAN
You're a good man, WD-40. Your friends are lucky to have a friend like you. Just callin' like I see um.

+1 for WD!!! ^^^^^^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clutepc
This is one of my favorite coyotes that I mounted last year. I was blowing a fawn bleat when he came running in to see what the fuss was all about. I arrowed him at about 15 yards. I mounted him using shoulder/pedestal mount from VanDykes. I have him looking slightly upwards. He was a young male weighing a little less than 27 pounds.Stuff017.jpg

NICE!

Guest clutepc

I should have my mount back on this deer next month.

I was lucky enough my first season of deer hunting to have him come broadside at 20 yards in front of me, made for a good clean shot with the bow.

S5002684-1-1.jpg