Handgun registration

Guest Andyxd

Guest Andyxd

I really didn't know where this should go, so I thought I'd try here first. My question is how does a person register a handgun in his name that was bought from a individual at a gun show. Please move this to where it belongs if need be. Thanks!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it, the gun is now yours and as long as you can legally own it, you are not breaking any laws. If you got a receipt, I'd hang on to it and if not, just make a note of when and where you bought it. That's it.

Guest eyescream

It's interesting how pervasive this mythological gun-registration thing is.

A friend of mine called me last year, her dad had passed away, and she wanted some help going through all his guns to make sure they were properly secured and there wasn't anything she needed to do with them.

While we were looking through stuff I found an S&W that I liked and made an offer for it. She was worried that she couldn't just sell it to me; and I got to explain that it's just not done here – not because I didn't want to, but because there's simply no mechanism for it (good!) and if she took it to the Sheriff's department they'd just look at her funny. It took a little bit for me to convince her.

Guest BigShot
Don't worry about it, the gun is now yours and as long as you can legally own it, you are not breaking any laws. If you got a receipt, I'd hang on to it and if not, just make a note of when and where you bought it. That's it.

+1

Keep a record of some sort just in case it has a history that may need explaining later.