MCTS Club 2 Gun Match 03/20/2010

Shooters!

Music City Tactical Shooters has a 2-gun pistol-shotgun match coming up next Saturday March 20th.

Robert Standley designed these stages they look to be a lot of fun! They will be posted on the website shortly.

Ammo required:

70 pistol

34 shot

no slugs

We will have four divisions no classification you will shoot heads up within your division

a. Pump (8+1 capacity shotgun & idpa pistol capacity)

b. Semi Auto (8+1 capacity shotgun & idpa pistol capacity)

c. Pistol only (unlimited amount of hi-cap mags that fit in the idpa box)

d. Open (hi-cap shotgun & pistol optic, comp, etc)

We will have simple IDPA scoring on cardboard, steel & pigeons left standing will be -5 and a FTN

No slings req'd we will have barrels and tables to ground guns. As with all long gun matches at Music City Tactical Shooters chamber flags are required. Shotguns outside of the safe area without a chamber flag will earn you a non-negotiable DQ. We have flags available for $3 each or 2 for $5.

If you are up to the challenge you may shoot this match pistol only!

J. Michael Bresson

Vice President Music City Tactical Shooters

Edited by TGO David
Link removed. Site contains malicious code.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Chip...you're welcome to run my 870 Tactical if you want. Just bring some 12ga shells.

Thanks! Thing is, I really want to shoot it pistol-only! Sounds super fun, and I bet I'll get more "reps" shooting at distances that I could use some practice at... (That is if I'm understanding things correctly, and shooting the shotgun stuff with the pistol... and assuming those clays aren't going to be flying through the air, unless I can try and shoot 'em like that pistol too, who knows, if I knocked one out of the sky with the pistol I'd be psyched....)

Greg, if I'm being unrealistic and you really think it'd be more worthwhile/fun to shoot the shotgun then guess I'll bring some shells... shooting shotguns is pretty fun too. :tough:

Edited by CK1

Despite the fact that getting down and (especially) up with a weak knee is a bi**h I had a great time on the 6th and definetly plan to be back for more. Unfortunately, third Saturdays are drill Saturdays for me so I can't come this time around.

I hope (hint, hint) that you guys will occasionally mix up the shotgun events so that you do some on first Saturdays now and then as I would really like to get my hove defense shotgun out and get some time in with it.

Hope you guys have a great time this Saturday...it looks like the weather will be good!

Edited by RobertNashville
The woods walk is not pistol friendly, clays at 20 yrds is a hard shot. the other stages can be shot pistol only.

Now you got me looking at shotguns, like I needed an excuse...

Guest rabidrhino

Thanks Greg, I shot a side shotgun match over there with a pumpgun before and had a great time.

This will be a good first run through for the FN SLP I got to play with at the panamerican shotgun match this summer.

Robert

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it.

Rhino

We would be glad to have you out. Robert Standley's shotgun stages are a blast.

Guest rabidrhino

Greg,

You're welcome to try it out. I've put about 300 shells through it so far with sporting clays and have had good luck. The only modification I have done is welding on the carrier to save my thumb during reloading.

• Administrator

MCTS folks, you guys have malicious code running on your site. Most likely as the result of your server being compromised without your knowledge. Please have your webmaster check into it ASAP. In the meantime, I've deleted the link to your homepage.

This has been corrected. The current web page was attacked by the webmaster's machine with malware. I have since corrected the code for the webmaster. The site has been tested against Norton and AVG to verify protection. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for the notification.

J. Michael Bresson

Vice President Music City Tactical Shooters

Shooters,

We had a challenging match today I hope everyone enjoyed the match. A big thank you to everyone for help with setup, scoring, setting steel, and teardown today. These matches would not happen without your help and it is appreciated.

Greg Bell