Browning BAR

Im curious about the Browning BAR rifle. How accurate is it? Is it reliable?

Anybody have one?

for clarification, Im talking about the current production, semi-auto rifle chambered in long action cartridges like .30-06, .338WinMag, etc., not the M1918

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't owned one, but I would think they are an accurate hunting rifle. The ones I looked at were well made, but HEAVY. I never could warm up to the idea of a semi-auto hunting rifle, but to each his own.

If you want one and the price is right, I would say get it.

Guest 10mm4me

I am on the hunting forum TNdeer.com all the time, and I must say the BAR is the most popular rifle on there. Whenever one comes up for sale it is usually gone in a day or two. I have never heard anything bad on them. As far as semi-auto hunting rifles go I think the BAR is tops.

Guest BigShot

One of my old huntin' buds has been shooting a 7 mag BAR for years and loves it to no end. Uses it on local whitetails and the elk and muleys out west. Hits kill zones at 300 yards and the recoil is a LOT less than a bolt according to him. He has never wanted any other rifle since settling on that one. What else can be said?

I have a Browning BAR 30-06 made in Belgium. My step dad bought it new in 1983 and he gave me the rifle. I still hunt with it today and I have never never never had any problems out of it. It's one of the best shooting rifles I have ever owned. I shot my first deer with it. This rifle means a lot to me (Lots of memories)as my step dad can no longer hunt and he passed it down to me. Here is a picture of her.

DSCF2949.jpg