Broken pump S&W

Alright so i have a Smith&Weson model 916A 12Ga pump, it has a 28 inch barrel and a 5 round mag tube. I got this gun from my grandfather a few months ago and just recently started trying to fix it, it appears to be missing the magazine tube spring and follower but i can replace those easily, the problem i can't fix is what i am coming to you for.

For some reason the when i move the pump back and forth it doesn't move the bolt at all, the bolt will move if you use your fingers to push it back and forth so i think the part that catches the arm on the pump is missing inside the shotgun. everything else inside the gun is still working fine but i just need to know what part it is that catches the arm on the pump and then moves the bolt if that makes any since.

Any help is appreciated and if you need some pictures of the shotgun inside or out i can do that, I'm not very knowledgeable about pump shotguns and this the first one i have owned.

This is exactly like mine but it isn't mine

pix359006937.jpg

Heres a schematic of its insides

1980z916-A.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad has that exact same shotgun... here is where you can buy parts: Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

You either need a bolt, bolt slide or somehow a pin sheared and needs to be replaced. Best bet is to take it to a gunsmith, unless you feel brave about disassembling it... Holler if you want help with that though, or if you'd be interested in selling it. I'm no gunsmith, but I've had my dad's apart.

My dad has that exact same shotgun... here is where you can buy parts: Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

You either need a bolt, bolt slide or somehow a pin sheared and needs to be replaced. Best bet is to take it to a gunsmith, unless you feel brave about disassembling it... Holler if you want help with that though, or if you'd be interested in selling it. I'm no gunsmith, but I've had my dad's apart.

Yeah i got the schematic off of Numrich, i was going to have a gunsmith look at it and then i would fix it but the guy i called wanted $50 just to take a look at it no fix included, and i don't have money to throw around on something i could learn to do myself.

I have taken the bolt out and looked it over and it matches the schematic part for part, now my uncle did take this shotgun apart once trying to mess with it and most likely lost the part i need cause he did loose the magazine spring and follower.