Need a Training Range in Chattanooga

Guest Phantom6

Guest Phantom6

Looking for a good indoor range either in Chattanooga or just south. At the same time I also need the name of a reputable gunsmith in the Chattanooga area that can do good work for reasonable prices on an old Colt Commander. Anybody know of any of each?

I have a student that lives down in Chickamauga Ga. that is needing a place to train and have a little work done.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I think Travis Strahan in Ringold still works on guns.Also there is a gunsmith at The Sportsman in Hixson.They also have a indoor range.There are no indoor ranges in North Ga. that I am aware of.I am a member at Cleveland and it is the best range in the area IMHO.

sportsmas in hixon is the only half way good smith.carters shooting is a indoor range on hwy 58 in chattanooga that is a little cheaper but high ammo prices(you have to buy from him) and an outdoor range on signal mtn thats free http://www.mouseguns.com/prentice/prentice.htm

it's been impossible for me to find a good gunsmith in this area. all the local shops seem to have the same guy come pick up any guns brought in for work. and i can't speak well of his work on the TFO's i had him put on my xd.

carters refused to put them on my xd because of fubar installs,said they had to send the slides to springfirld for refinishing.

sportsmans said they do work on site and have had NO problems with sights on xd's.that could be a load of b.s.and you could be right on the one guy.