Help me pick out my new addition!

Guest walkingdeadman

Guest BigShot
Never shot one man. But that's probably the next step in narrowing it down. J just have to find someone or somewhere that has one for me to borrow.

Where is LakeLand??

If you are anywheres close to Spring Hill/Rally Hill, I'll meet with you at CHMR (old Owl Hollow) and we can shoot all the pieces I have. That'll give you a few different feels in 1911 design.

Let me know... I'm game. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a smaller concealed carry pistol I can recommend a Glock 36. It's a slim single stack 45acp. The only single stack Glock makes. I have an extended magazine so I can hold 7+1 or 6+1. The 45acp is a fight stopper.

If you don't have a 1911 or a .357 magnum 4". The .357 magnum is the King of one shot stops. The 1911 has been defending our country for 98 years. You can hardly go wrong with modern handguns. From Hi-Point to high dollar (Kimber).

The Colt New Agent and Defender series 90 (WTF? series 90) are on my list for concealed carry guns. These are fine guns at a reasonable price. They just feel right...........

Edited by Will Carry
Guest Roadkill Bill

Do you want a carry gun, or a fun gun?

You have an excellent carry gun in the Glock 23. Anything like a 1911 or SR9 will be duplicating what you already have.

How about a pocket pistol for those times a full sized gun is not easy to hide. I've had a bad experience with the Kel-Tec P3AT, but good with the Ruger LCP, however, the best pocket pistol I have ever used is the S&W 638. Sure it's a tad bigger than the little .380s, but it goes BANG every time.

For a fun gun you can't beat a Single Action Ruger in what ever caliber. My only warning here is that once you're bitten by the SA bug, you can't stop with just one. One of my favorites is the Blackhawk Convertible in .357/9mm. You can shoot .38s, .357s, and the cheap Russian 9mm stuff. Personally, nothing is more fun than a good old .44 mag.

Last consideration -

With the cost of ammo today how about a .22 LR? You can get a Ruger Mk.II or III for just over $300. A Browning Buck Mark is also an excellent choice for about the same amount. $20 for a 500 round brick and you can shoot all day.

Guest RGL01
If it has to be explained, you're not affected by the 1911. It is hard to describe. Don't get me wrong, I like all guns. But the feeling I get when I even hold a 1911 is different. It is just comforting.

Ergonomics, simplicity of design, trigger, 45acp punch. Put them all together and you have one excellent sidearm. My Glock 21 (since sold) was more inherently reliable out of the box, but try carrying it in an IWB holster with two spare mags. My ten year old Colt stainless Series 80 (1991) gets the job done. No need for any other model sidearm IMO.

Guest ruger_six

I would reccomend the FNP series from Fabrique Nationale. I've got the FNP 9 and and the 45 and they are both outstanding. The 9 is light enough to carry if you wanted. These guns are amazingly accurate right out of the box and ridicuously reliable - I have put tons of rounds down range with my 9 and I can honestly say it has NEVER hiccupped. Comes with 3 mags - another big plus.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dboonekilledabearhere

Personally I have been looking for a CCW. I have looked at the KAHRs, Baretta's, Sig's but you know what. I am really leaning toward the Taurus 709 Slim 9mm or maybe the TCP. I have conducted a lot of research on these and they seem to be great guns. I can get two of those for one KHAR and get more features as well.

Hello all, I am looking to buy another pistol really soon and I just don't know what to get. I currently own a Glock 23 and a Taurus .38 Special. I have been looking for about two months now and I just can't make my mind up. I am not really set on anything specific. I have went and held other Glocks, S&Ws, Springfield Armory, Rugers, etc. I carry my .23 with my everywhere I go and it can be cumbersome sometimes but I have gotten used to it. So that got me to thinking that maybe I wanted to go to a smaller carry pistol like a Kel-Tech. But then I put that in my hand and I just don't feel like I could completely trust it. So then that sends me to the other end of the spectrum of looking at maybe a Glock .27 or .36 for the size and caliber.

I pretty much can't decide on what I want. I just some opinions, any help?? Thanks, Roy

I have heard alot of great things about the new Ruger SR9. I'm gonna check it out the weekend and see how it feels. I am trying to figure why there is so much love for 1911s?? It seems everywhere you go someone is going on and on about their 1911. What am I missing?

Shoot one and you'll understand...

Guest walkingdeadman

Actually I just picked up a Rock Island Armory .45 in two-tone. I have not had a chance to shoot her but I do pln on getting out real soon to test it out. I have not read one bad review about these 1911s and for the money, I couldn't turn it down.