Canned eamil from Jm Cooper, and my response.

Guest redbarron06

Guest redbarron06
Dear Mr. Redbarron06:

Having heard from tens of thousands of Middle Tennesseans like you on all sides of the issue, and having spent months studying the various bills, I know that America must improve its health care system because it is unsustainable. I voted for health reform legislation because it will make it better.

Any decision of this magnitude must be made very carefully, after weighing every concern. We Nashvillians are proud of our outstanding health care community that makes us "the nation's health care industry capital." Every Nashville hospital strongly supports the legislation, whether it's St. Thomas, Vanderbilt (both University and Hospital), Centennial, Meharry Medical School, Nashville General, Summit, Skyline, or Southern Hills. The largest senior organization, AARP, supports the legislation. A majority of physicians who contacted me support the legislation. A majority of local nurses support the legislation. Despite media controversy regarding abortion, the Catholic hospitals, and groups representing 59,000 Catholic Sisters support the legislation.

Let me make clear that I respect the advocacy of those who are opposed to the legislation. They actually help me make sure that more people in Congress do their homework and pay attention to America's financial problems. They are strengthening our democracy with their voices.

The bottom line is that this legislation offers the only realistic hope that most Americans have for getting a fair deal in today's private health insurance markets. This is not a government takeover, but a way to encourage better private-market competition. Tens of millions of Americans will benefit immediately and thousands of lives will literally be saved due to the greater affordability of health insurance.

Although CBO claims that the legislation will reduce deficits in the first ten years by over $100 billion, and by over $1 trillion after that, you don't have to believe CBO to realize that, even if you assume zero deficit reduction, this is a huge improvement in the policymaking of recent years. This legislation does not do enough to contain medical inflation, but it makes a good start because it contains the largest proposed savings in health costs in history, $600 billion over ten years. In plain English, this bill is paid for, and may even save big money.

I encourage you to visit my website at http://www.cooper.house.gov to read my full statement on health care reform and find answers to your questions on the bill.

Sincerely,

Jim Cooper

Member of Congress

My reply

Dear Representative Cooper,

Thank you for taking the time to send me one of your phony caned emails. I would rather you not slow down the great internet that your buddy AL Gore invented with such garbage.

To address the falsehoods that are representing in your letter. First I should inform your all knowingness that Centennial, Southern Hills, Summit, and Skyline are owned by the same company. HCA, I am pretty sure of this fact as my wife works for them and no, the employees do not support this bill regardless of what you are spewing out of your pie hole. How many of those doctors are going to keep excepting the government insurance with it getting cut 500 billion dollars? What you have don’t is give the insurance companies free reign to raise the rates to whatever they want so they can get me to by my “Government Approved Healthcare†and what happens if I don’t have the coverage that you and the rest of the all knowing and all seeing government things I can have, I get fined, garnished and can even have my personal property taken away. Excuse me if I am not appreciative of the grand job you are doing.

Now addressing your vote. Just who the hell do you think you are setting a mandate that I have health insurance ? What happened to the government of the people, by the people and for the people? If this is such a great plan then explain to me sir, why do most Americans oppose it? Why are 38 states at various stages of fighting it, including the state of Tennessee? Why did 14 states file law suits in federal court against this the very day it is signed into law some files within 10 minutes? Please explain you work for me. Is Washington DC so out of touch with the reality of the rest of the country that you really are ignorant of what is happening in the real world? If you can pull your head out of your ass for five minutes you will see that the government of the United States is tearing the United States apart. Reid, Pelosi, and the president and I use that term very loosely, are tearing this country apart at the seams. People of this nation are looking back at the actions of King George and seeing striking similarities. They are also getting similar ideas.

I sir, will make it a personal agenda to see you defeated in your next election. I will be more than active in assuring that whoever runs against you wins. I will donate money. I help to raise money, I will go from door to door and make sure that every person I talk to remembers that because of you and your arrogance, every person they know is $45,000 in debt to other countries. I will remind the elderly that because of your their benefits were cut, I will refresh the memory of every single person I come in contact to that because of you WE THE PEOPLE have been mandated to buy a commercial product that you chose for us, because you know what we need better than we do. I will remind them that the ONLY place they can get a collage loan is from the government loan sharks.

You are no longer welcome in this state. Please enjoy the remaining time you have in office, those days are numbered.

Disgruntled voter.

So how much trouble am I in?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06
You're almost definitely off his Christmas card list this year.

- OS

I just dont know how I will sleep at night knowing that?;)

Guest 6.8 AR

Good job, redbarron. About 2/3 of his email was a lie.

I doubt St. Thomas and the rest of the hospitals supported

the bill. We all knew about AARP. He just showed how

out of touch he was. Thanks for sharing.

Guest redbarron06

The US government; designed by geniuses; run by idiots

“I’ve always believed that America’s government was a unique political system — one designed by geniuses so that it could be run by idiots. I was wrong. No system can be smart enough to survive this level of incompetence and recklessness by the people charged to run it."

Thomas Friedman, NY Times

i dont know who he is or what he was talking about but this guy hit the nail square on the head.

Guest redbarron06
Why didn't you tell him how you really feel ;)

Because I thought it might hurt his feelings. After all I would not want to offend his electedness.

Guest AlzRuger

Talking to Morons like Jim Cooper is just like wrestling with a pig. It gets you hot and sweaty, and the pig likes it. I have seen that same response from Cooper to at least 10 different letters. We have to vote these idiots out of office. The Dems have forgotten what happened after the original TeaParty.

after weighing every concern.

like that self serving SOB actually read the bill. He is only kidding himself.

Your response was good stuff, and I am with OS, no Christmas card for you.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest thorn
So how much trouble am I in?

He didn't even read the bill, you think he read your email? If I were Jim I'd be pissed at the staffer that even brought your email to me - wasting my time. At the very least you're still on the list though :crazy:

Maybe he's talking about the level at which his coffer is filled with "support". And the support of all the patients that already go in free treatment?

My wife works there too and what really bothers me is people are expecting their lives to be different today now that this Bill has passed. People are already volatile about treatment in hospitals (not only for themselves but for family members as well). Everyone hates the corps, banks, insurance was next, now it's going to be the pharmacies and hospitals... sadly what will follow is they will hate the doctors and nurses. Finally each other.