Anyone ever seen this? Largest Street Gang

Guest 6.8 AR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Well, darn. I don't know how to fix it, but it will work at the top of the first vid text.

"The Largest Street Gang in America Video by..."

Guest Caveman
always a few bad apples that ruin it for the rest. ive met some officers who are some of the nicest people there are. cant judge them all because of a few.

Hahaha, a few huh? Is that the ratio?

always a few bad apples that ruin it for the rest. ive met some officers who are some of the nicest people there are. cant judge them all because of a few.

I just can't ever figure out why the police defend them. The almost never want to admit they are wrong.

What Mike said will go a long way towards your personal safety in situations like the ones in the video. You're better off going to jail and letting the judge sort out the situation at a later date, than to provoke someone who can beat you half to death and or shoot you to death, and (in most cases) the only thing he has to worry about is losing his job over it.

Personally I have met several, even worked with several LEO's over the years, and have never really come across any that would behave the way the ones in the video did. I must say though that I could see some of them behaving in such away if they were provoked to their limit.

Edited by MCSCOTT
Guest 6.8 AR

I wasn't judging, either. When it's put together in a video like that, it looks worrisome.

I, thankfully have never met any LEO's like that.

Guest m&pc9

This is not the place to be bashing LEOs.

There are good and bad in all people. Most of the ones I know are good people and are out there to help people.

Guest 6.8 AR
This is not the place to be bashing LEOs.

There are good and bad in all people. Most of the ones I know are good people and are out there to help people.

Look at above post. LEO's are not a protected class, are they?

Guest m&pc9
Look at above post. LEO's are not a protected class, are they?

I wasn't pointing fingers.

They are not protected, but it is not needed here.

Why is it that almost always the discussion of criminal behavior by cops is always painted as bashing of cops, no matter what tone the discussion takes?

The mantra is always the same, its not tolerated here...

Whatever the reason the public seems all to quick to want to turn a blind eye and dismiss all of these events as an "isolated incident" or blame it on the "one bad apple syndrome".

Well I've some painful news for all of you.

We've been blaming the "one bad apple" for decades now and the official bad apple count has far exceeded the acceptable bad apple to bushel basket ratio long years ago.

The argument no longer holds water when you begin to look at the number and the magnitude of news stories in print and TV media today of misconduct and crimes committed by our police on a daily basis.

Not long ago I was even threatened by another officer (Muttling) here on this very forum for pointing out the number of documented, reported incidents.

In my current job I am in a unique position to see raw numbers and actual case related documents of these incidents committed here in Tennessee.

I can assure you that if someone with a large enough voice took the time to tell the true story about law enforcement (especially in this state) it would shock the hell out of each and every one of you. The number of law enforcement certifications revoked each month in this state by POST is astounding.

The only ones who rush to defend these cops are either blind to the facts, are part of the problem or just really have little clue as to what they are actually supporting.

I would love to hold an adult discussion about the facts, be it here or in another forum we could all participate in. Just the public news related incidents, (the ones I could publicly discuss) that I would happily reference would stop you in your tracks. And if I could discuss the ones that are currently under investigation or ones that have (for whatever reason) never been dug up by the media. That too would give you a healthy pause I assure you.

Edited by TMMT
Why is it that almost always the discussion of criminal behavior by cops is always painted as bashing of cops, no matter what tone the discussion takes?

The mantra is always the same, its not tolerated here...

Whatever the reason the public seems all to quick to want to turn a blind eye and dismiss all of these events as an "isolated incident" or blame it on the "one bad apple syndrome".

Well I've some painful news for all of you.

We've been blaming the "one bad apple" for decades now and the official bad apple count has far exceeded the acceptable bad apple to bushel basket ratio long years ago.

The argument no longer holds water when you begin to look at the number and the magnitude of news stories in print and TV media today of misconduct and crimes committed by our police on a daily basis.

Not long ago I was even threatened by another officer (Muttling) here on this very forum for pointing out the number of documented, reported incidents.

In my current job I am in a unique position to see raw numbers and actual case related documents of these incidents committed here in Tennessee.

I can assure you that if someone with a large enough voice took the time to tell the true story about law enforcement (especially in this state) it would shock the hell out of each and every one of you. The number of law enforcement certifications revoked each month in this state by POST is astounding.

The only ones who rush to defend these cops are either blind to the facts, are part of the problem or just really have little clue as to what they are actually supporting.

I would love to hold an adult discussion about the facts, be it here or in another forum we could all participate in. Just the public news related incidents, (the ones I could publicly discuss) that I would happily reference would stop you in your tracks. And if I could discuss the ones that are currently under investigation or ones that have (for whatever reason) never been dug up by the media. That too would give you a healthy pause I assure you.

Because threads about one bad cop almost always turns into a thread bashing cops.

It's also against the rules.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tn-gun-owners-announcements/22008-regarding-anti-law-enforcement-cop-bashing-late.html

That said, why do you only post about such matters,TMMT?

It's very strange to see a cop always preaching bad things about his brethren.

In fact, I have never seen anyone else do it.

Internet or real life...

Guest Rupertus

I just don't get your motivation (or obsession) We've been through the numbers on the last thread where Muttling went crazy...the raw numbers showed the incidence of police misconduct is MINUSCULE. Try the news mantra, fair and balanced reporting.

I guess you get labeled a cop basher when almost EVERY SINGLE post you make is a negative news "story" about police misconduct. How about you use your unique power to report some of the much more prevalent good news...but then again, I guess that wouldn't serve your purpose.

Guest 6.8 AR

Look! I never intended this video as some kind of cop bashing thread. I thought some of you were more mature than this. I have more than enough friends in the LE community

than to worry about this being cop bashing. Maybe it doesn't paint a great picture for some LEO's but it sure could give incentive for LEO's to police themselves rather than to submit to public scrutiny. My apologies to those that seem offended.

Maybe it doesn't paint a great picture for some LEO's but it sure could give incentive for LEO's to police themselves rather than to submit to public scrutiny.

So true.

The issue I take is (as folks can read on this very post) everyone automatically attacks those of us who pride ourselves in cleaning out the ranks of corruption in our chosen profession. Were all labeled as some type of sell out.

I just don't understand how so few of you cannot understand why a career cop who prides himself in a clean career, who conducts business above board and holds myself to a higher standard wants those out of LE who don't subscribe to this philosophy.

The problem is that first, we as a society have yet to even admit there is a problem. Its always the same broken record, one bad apple... blah blah blah... isolated incident... blah blah blah...

Next, anytime those of us who wish to educate the public and engage in adult debate try. Were blankly dismissed and deleted as cop bashing.

Why?

To bring in a parallel if I may.

The gun forums and community at times will regurgitate the age old question, will a cop follow an order to confiscate my guns, if that order is given.

You would think, all of you being gun owners etc... that you would be very concerned with any indicators as to just what type of illegal and unconstitutional behavior that goes on inside LE today. For it is surly past behavior that is a good indicator as to potential future behavior, if such an order were ever give.

All I'm saying is that far too often this issue of criminal behavior and official misconduct in the news is absolutely dismissed as cop bashing, no matter where its posted and no matter who posts it.

Its almost like the age old saying, a lie told often enough becomes the truth. In this case if folks yell cop bashing as often as they can over any and all news stories, it becomes an automatic reflex to paint them all into that category. Further helping alone those in the ranks who want you to blindly ignore the forrest for the trees.

Just think about it...

Edited by TMMT