MSAR STG556 Range Report!

Smith

Finally got to do two things I've really been wanting to do. One visit Owl Hollow and two, shoot my new STG556! First, as far as Owl Hollow goes, I couldn't have asked for anything better. The owner was a super nice guy who genuinely seemed happy to have people there enjoying his place. Great place to go.

The STG was great! Got 300 rnds down her and only had one FTF issue. I'm chalking it up to the Wolf 55g ammo. It had a good primer strike, but didn't go off. All the other rounds worked just fine. I will say there is a little bit of a learning curve to the unfamiliar bullpup design. I had a few difficulties at first that was due to this fact. Once I figueed everythhing out the gun flat out RAN! Recoil is minimal, it was very accurate (for me), handled very well, and the trigger was very good. I sprayed the trigger pack with Armor All and it really slicked it up. It was light and broke very cleanly and predictably. I am really going to enjoy this gun.

The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the Millet DMS-1 scope I had mounted. I liked it on my AR's, but I think I would much prefer a red dot on this particular gun. Other than that it was great!:cool:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you do exactly to the trigger pack? I was going to shoot mine on Sunday but it rained.

Took out the trigger pack sprayed it with a little misting of ArmorAll wiped off any excess and put it back in. Very similar to what I do with normal lube.

Glad you liked it Smith. I hate to hear that about your Millet though. For my STG I bought the Leupold Mark AR. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it's very similar to the DMS.

Yeah, I was too. I really liked the scope on other platforms I've used it on, but it just didn't fit well for me on the STG. I think it was more of a feel thing than a "working" thing. The STG feels very "quick" and compact. It was obviously not a normal rifle feel. A good thing IMO. I just think a red dot would "feel" better to me.

I'm looking @ the Trijicon RMR. I have a Burris Fastfire on mine now and I would rather a non battery reflex sight on my STG since I won't be running BUIS.

1268681114.jpg

Edited by LA_357SIG
Took the iron sights off cause of the height.
Guest JHatmaker

Next time you go down there, give me a holler. It's close by and I try to make it out there at least once or twice a month. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to try out that MSAR.

Next time you go down there, give me a holler. It's close by and I try to make it out there at least once or twice a month. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to try out that MSAR.

Will do. I'm probably going next Thursday if i don't get called on a job or it's raining.