I won the Lotto

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Obama!

:P

Thats right thank the Big O for returning some of your money to you.

I got quite a bit back too, but what they kept was obscene, but thank you Big O for letting us dispicable peasants keep some of the hard earned

fruits of our labor.

Well not really but it feels like it.

For the first time since I can remember I do not OWE Uncle Sam

any cash.

Had my taxes for 2009 taken care of today and guess what. IRS owes me. Woop-dee-doo :P

Thank you Obama!

well technically, they don't owe you. you are just getting back the amount you overpaid and loaned them interest free for the past year. I have never felt the guberment owes you money after tax time, as stated, just returning your hard earned money less interest. JMTCW.....

Guest jackdm3
well technically, they don't owe you. you are just getting back the amount you overpaid and loaned them interest free for the past year. I have never felt the guberment owes you money after tax time, as stated, just returning your hard earned money less interest. JMTCW.....

You'll never get those two cents back either!

any cash.

Had my taxes for 2009 taken care of today and guess what. IRS owes me. Woop-dee-doo :D

Thank you Obama!

So you gave the gov an interest free loan.

any cash.

Had my taxes for 2009 taken care of today and guess what. IRS owes me. Woop-dee-doo :D

Thank you Obama!

Me too... Last rider I'll ever have to buy.. John Deere x500. I feel like Tim Taylor on it.

any cash.

Thank you Obama!

I know the feeling. This was the first time in three years I haven't had to write a check. Had nothing to do with tax policies though.

Yall know the Obama comment was meant as a joke, right?

If things had gone as they had in the past few years we would have broke even, maybe a slight refund. The wife in the past few years had done work on the side for one of her companies sales reps, for that she always received a 1099 form and no taxes were taken out of the compensation she got for doing that work. As the economy dictated in 2009 that stuff all fell through so she made no money on the side. And that is why we get a refund. And now she was laid off a few weeks ago as her company closed down the customer service center here in Knoxville.

Another reason is because of the federal stimulus that netted most people about 8 bucks a week more in take home pay. I had payroll at my work adjust for that and take the extra 8 bucks out of my check. So when we got the 800 dollar credit on the 09 taxes I had alread made up for it in deductions.

At any rate it is nice to get a refund instead of writing a check. I suspect in 2010 it will be back to breaking even or slightly owing.