• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how she isn't on the front page?

Notice how there isn't a focus on the fact that she

is a WOMAN! And that a WOMAN with a firearm and training

was able to stop a horrible incident.

Or even how the "weaker" sex out gunned, and out weighed by

the crimminal was able to over come him!!

Seems like that is always the claim in anti-gun circles to women...

how "being armed isn't going to help you... they will most likely take

the gun away and use it on yourself."

Hmmm... seems like it didn't happen.

Was the lady a licensed security guard or just someone who wanted to act as security for the church and carry a handgun? I have a feeling if she volunteered to do the job, she may not have been a licensed armed guard. It is legal to openly carry in Colorado without a license, so possible she was just openly carrying.

Was she a licensed armed guard or just a member of the church carrying and acting as 'security'? It is legal to carry in Colorado openly without a license and of course concealed with a license.

Guest bkelm18
Hooray for her!

Now let's go beat up that male security guy who froze and wouldn't fire his gun.

The vet should have taken the gun from the guy. Forcefully if need be.

Now they are saying the guy committed suicide.

This brings me to that mall shooting where I mentioned just taking a shot at the bad guy. The bad guys are gutless pieces of crap who will not stand up to anyone. And this guy at the church once confronted by another armed shooter was gutless and may have taken his own life. Either that or the law and opr media is lying and the lady blew him away.

Either way good riddance to some trash.

Bravo. thumbsup.gif

This is exactly how it is suppose to happen when a nut case opens fire. An armed citizen was on the scene and stopped him in his tracks. I don’t care if she shot him or caused him to shoot himself; she caused it to end.

It’s just too bad that four other people had to die before the shooter ran into a force that he could not overcome. She’s right…. God was on her side.

If I’m reading the articles right she was one of 15 to 20 “volunteer†security guards in a church of 7000 people. That's one BIG church. willy_nilly.gif

Guest bkelm18
Now they are saying the guy committed suicide.

Regardless, she tried to take care of the situation. Again, hooray for her!

She did take care of the situation. Her actions saved many lives. Even if that c*cksucker did commit suicide, it was only after he got put down by her.

Now let's go beat up that male security guy who froze and wouldn't fire his gun.

He wasn't scared, he was doing what he was supposed to do in a tactically superior... Oh wait, that line's already been tried on here... :rolleyes:

Guest looneeetunes
It still baffles me why he wouldn't at least give his gun to someone who was willing to USE it when it was needed the most.

i am sure that you wouldnt hand off your gun to someone you dont know. this could possibly be someone who is with the bg. BUT MY GOODNESS IF YOU ARE ARMED, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!! and dont sign on to be security if you are afraid of getting involved. i am sure we all say "well if i were him i would have....." who knows what we would have done in a panic situation, but absolutely not freeze. the way the vet talks possibly a couple of min. passed trying to get the weapon. surely this cat could get up some guts and do something in that amount of time.....geeeeeez :rolleyes:

Guest canynracer

there is NO reason to volunteer to be "Security" arm yourself, and never draw and fire..especially when one of your "partners" is in a fire fight

there is the saying "Chit, or get off the pot!"

I do wonder how many members of the public we have out here who have permits and carry who wouldn't be able to draw down on someone and pull the trigger if that was the appropriate action.

I wonder the same about paid private security guards who have never had to fire on someone.

Maybe before we use security people, we need to make sure they can do the job, if their job is protecting the weaker members of the citizenry.

Mars, since you have training can you tell us ways to find out if we as individuals would be able to do better that the non-shooting guard did?

I have never been in a situation where I have had the need to deploy and use my handgun. I have had a shotgun stuck in my face during a robbery though, this was before I had a permit and carried. Is there any way I can get an edge on this type of situation should I ever find myself in one similar?

I bet there are more here who have never had to shoot than are here and have had to shoot. At least I know for fact I will not crap myself if a gun is pointed at me.

Mike, I wish I had a simple answer for you. By far, the best way to know is to have been there already.

I've been doing this shooting at people stuff since I was a FNG in 1969. I had to prove myself to some very good men. Fortunately, I did that pretty quickly. Not that my aim was too good initially, but at least I would act and they knew they could count on me.

Over the years I've developed a pretty good sixth sense about who will act and who will freeze. Those who will do the job just have a certain resolve that I can't entirely pin down. But I can tell you that loud-mouth bloviators that tell you how good and macho they are are people I seldom trust initially. But there are exceptions. Some people are just good and know it. Some people go through life as good BSers too.

All I can suggest is that you train and imagine yourself in a tight situation. That way, if it happens, you at least have the possibility thought through. And hopefully you can act on it.

But I can tell you that if I was setting up a security group for protection of a congregation or other group, the people I accepted into the security detail would be proven. Whoever chose that volunteer security guy at this church did a serious disservice to the church.

Guest triggertime

For what its worth, the MSM is now spinning this story and saying that the gunman commited suicide so Jeanne Assam no longer looks like a hero. The BradyBunch is having conniption fits. They don't want CCW and the gun carrying public put into a positive light.

Remember, Jeanne Assam shot the gunman four times. She was targeting the head after he failed to stop. It's hard to shoot yourself with a shotgun to commit suicide after you've already been shot in the head....probably more than once.