Memphis Meet, Apr. 24 1PM till ?

Guest jackdm3

Guest Halfpint

Really looking forward to it! Told several customers at work about it since some just don't get into the whole forum thing . . . and I'm bringing my girl, it will be her first time shooting!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 day left bump

FYI:

Tomorrow RUSA may be very busy depending on how many classes they are having and regular traffic. Once we get there, if it is to busy, we may be able to drive around the corner to the TWRA range on Brother Blvd.

TWRA Hunter Education and Range Facility

Fee required. Located at 3200 Brother Blvd. Contact Sam Murrey at (901) 213-3124. Hours: Tuesday (12:00 PM - 9:00 PM), Wednesday & Thursday (11:00 AM - 9:00 PM), and Saturday (9:00 AM - 4:30 PM). Closed on Sunday, Monday, and Friday.

Indoor 25-yard range open to the public. No shotguns or center-fire rifles.

$8.50 (single lane), $12.50 for shared lane (max. of 2 people in shared lane). Cash or check only. No ammunition for sale.

All guns must be in a case before entering the facility. No holstered weapons, regardless of concealed weapon permit. That sucks.

Directions: From I-40, take the Appling Road Exit. Proceed north on Appling Road and cross over Stage Road. Approximately 800 yards on the right side you will see a service road. There is a green Hunter Education sign on the light pole. The service road is right after the green sign.

link: Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency - Firing Ranges

I have no idea how many lanes they have.

Edited by gotigers
Guest Sgt. Joe

I am sorry that I missed this one, I had every intention of driving from Jackson. The weather was what stopped me from making the drive and the past few hours we have been slammed and have unconfirmed reports of a small tornado in the downtown area. The sirens have been wailing most all day.

So I have been monitoring the scanner and the National Hurricane Center radar all day.

It seems now it has all passed and the sun is shinning brightly:rolleyes:

I have also had some issues with my friends mom, she had seemed to have taken the passing of her husband very well at first.....

Now it is sinking in and I have become her "Go To" person for calls.??? Neither my friend or I felt with the circumstances that we should make the drive today.

We will be looking forward to the next meet-up. I am sure those of you who made it enjoyed yourselves.

EDIT: The weather delayed just enough Fed Ex flights out of Memphis last night that I wont get my Sig back until monday, I was really hoping to get it today and bring it with as I have yet to fire the thing.

Edited by Sgt. Joe

I think the meet and shoot went great. I enjoyed seeing old friends and putting faces to Screen Names.

After shooting, Halfpint, myself, my wife, jackdm3, and his cousin sat down in the cafe and had a good time talking and eating. When we left Jack and his cousin were going back in to shoot some more.

All in all it was a great time. Thanks to a Joel at Range USA for allowing us to use a classroom to gather before hitting the Range. This allowed us to get to know everyone a little bit better. It is hard to talk at the lanes.

I am now looking forward to the next meet.

:confused:

Guest jackdm3

It was a great mix of meeting vs. shooting. The staff was exceptional. They just need a long range. I'd comfortably be able to say we should do this monthly till the big holidays. The next time rotation, to be fair, is for the Sun people who can't do Sat's near the end of May.

It'd be great if somebody could find us private property, though I'm not holding my breath. For the serious shooters, I may organize a separate visit to my in-laws in Hernando for some light-up-the sky no-limit shooting.

Edited by jackdm3
Guest Halfpint

Had a great time, it was good to finally put faces to screen-names. Thanks to Jack for taking the time and effort to set it up, and to the crew at Range USA for accomodating us.

Found out that I really do hate the sights on my Kimber, got in some good training with it anyway, and beat my old Glock up just for old times' sake.

Guest Daelith

Was very nice meeting ya'll today. Hope we didn't appear rude by breaking off early to shoot, but we were on a bit of a time schedule. Looking forward to future get togethers. I believe some more people came in after we had gone to get a lane. Discovered I really enjoyed shooting the 22 I found hiding in the closet.:up:

Hats off to RUSA for accommodating us. Think we had some good timing since we pretty much had the right side to ourselves.

Guest bart_p

Unfortunately, I had to miss it due to the fact I was catching up on some much needed sleep. I was out in the storms last night unloading planes and it was a hell of a night. I didn't get off until 8 or so this morning and crashed when I got home. I was really looking forward to it, but you all wouldn't have liked talking to my tired, cranky self if I had made it. Glad you all had fun and I plan on making the next one.

Bart

Guest jackdm3

We have a healthy number of people who work Saturdays. So, can we talk about a good time for a Sunday that will let you go to church in the AM and/or the PM and hit that free-time moment in the middle?

Anyone interested in taking the force on force class at Range USA in August or the Isreali Combat training in June IM me and i will keep you updated.

I might be interested in the RUSA class. Been thru SD HG II, so I think that's the pre req.

I liked someone's idea of having a bunch of us in a class. The "Reload" class they have is fairly cheap (aside from the 200 or 300 rds of ammo). If you take the SD HG I class you can take the "Reload" for $30 I think.

We have a healthy number of people who work Saturdays. So, can we talk about a good time for a Sunday that will let you go to church in the AM and/or the PM and hit that free-time moment in the middle?

Sunday afternoon works for me. Hate I missed today!

Hate that I couldn't get by there early enough to put many faces to names, but I did get there in time to verify that Jack does resemble his avatar :rolleyes: Nice meeting you, Jack.

Also, if you're looking at doing RUSA again next time, their hours are 1 to 6 on Sundays, so that should help a little bit in narrowing down the meeting time.