Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Do you believe in Bigfoot?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Bigfoot?

• Yes
    • No

So UFO's, ghosts, and a little bit about Bigfoot have been discussed - but I thought he needed his own thread for it to be respectable. So lets here about those Bigfoot run ins.

Edited by Tango down
Changed has to "have"
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon

I don't really believe in bigfoot. I mean, if he got his stuff together and applied himself he could do all right but he has no motivation.

Guest Bronker

My father, who is a very quiet, humble, skilled and rugged woodsman, is convinced he had a late-night run-in with him in the Saskatchewan wilderness while bear hunting in 1986. I was in camp when it occurred, 500 miles north of the U.S. border, down a dirt road. He had to drive 20 miles from camp, around a "ROAD CLOSED" sign to get to his stand. I was 15, and til the day I die I will never forget the uneasiness I could see in his face when he reached camp that night.

The reason I believe my dad is two-fold. He's not one to make things up, to imagine things, or come to conclusions quickly; and it took him 15 years to tell me what he saw that night.

One of my best friends is convinced he saw one back in the early 70's in the Hatchie River bottoms. He and two cousins were horseback riding as kids. They came into a clearing and the horses started acting uneasy. They went about 50 yards and one of the horses got spooked and almost threw my friend. He looked across the clearing and on the treeline he saw what fit the description.

They immediately went directly to the stable, put the horses up, and got the heck outta there. We were friends for a long time before he told me this story. I know him well enough to know if he were kidding me. It always makes him uneasy when I bring up the topic to this day. It really has gotten me to wonder about it...especially on those early morning (before daylight) hunts walking through the woods to the stand.

Guest Bronker
One of my best friends is convinced he saw one back in the early 70's in the Hatchie River bottoms. He and two cousins were horseback riding as kids. They came into a clearing and the horses started acting uneasy. They went about 50 yards and one of the horses got spooked and almost threw my friend. He looked across the clearing and on the treeline he saw what fit the description.

They immediately went directly to the stable, put the horses up, and got the heck outta there. We were friends for a long time before he told me this story. I know him well enough to know if he were kidding me. It always makes him uneasy when I bring up the topic to this day. It really has gotten me to wonder about it...especially on those early morning (before daylight) hunts walking through the woods to the stand.

To this day the hair on the back of my neck stands up at times walking in to a distant stand. I'm afraid of nothing...that I can see coming!

When I was in Canada with my dad, he would not tell me what happened but I could sense that something had "happened."

That was enough for me to stay with the local shop-keeper (a native Indian guide) helping him do chores rather than sit in the cabin by the lake by myself.

Yes. I was afraid...and I didn't even know 'of what.'

Guest Bronker
I saw it crushing some cars at a monster truck rally once. May have a picture somewhere.

Don't kid yourself. You have that picture in your bedroom right now alongside your other fave...

1253011299_Leif%20Garrett%20-%20I%20Was%20Made%20For%20Dancing.1979.jpg

:)

while it may be hard to believe that no solid proof ( bones or the like) has ever been found there are new species found all the time on this planet. And for me it is more fun to think there may be a yeti out here somewhere.

I wanted to vote no on this, but after voting "yes" on UFO's and ghosts I thought it would be kinda strange for me to vote "no" for a living creature of this planet, that could possible be out there somewhere. One thing that years of hunting has taught me is that you never know what will come walking along. There's alot of land out there that people haven't really explored much, so there's no telling what people will eventually find. If they're like some other animals, and are really good at hiding from people, then maybe they've moved back into these wooded areas were people rarely go. Maybe they're smart enough to bury their dead in areas that are well hidden, and that's why no one has discovered any bones yet.

I really have no clue, and until I run across one in the woods I will just assume they're not out there. Just felt like it wouldn't make much sense if I didn't believe in a large hairy animal of this planet, but yet I believed in ghosts and aliens from another planet. Heck, maybe Bigfoot is an alien.......maybe he's a ghost.......hmmmm

There must be somethin just based on some interesting video, people who are genuinely scared to death and the amount of educated scientists who research this thing. Legend goes back thousands of years. ;)

I didn't check either. I have personally had multiple experiences with what I believe to be ghosts, spirits, etc. so I had to check 'yes' on that one. I have also seen a UFO (not sure it was aliens but it was dang sure unidentified and nothing that matched with any Earth technology that I know about) so I checked 'yes' on that one, too.

I have never, however, seen, heard nor experienced anything that I would even remotely identify as being a possible encounter with a sasquatch, yeti, skunk ape or any similar creature. Neither have I any first-hand experiences that would constitute, to me, evidence of the existence of same. Therefore, I couldn't check 'yes'.

That said, there are certainly those who appear credible and seem to have had their own experiences. Maybe these things do exist, are actively avoiding being seen and are at least intelligent enough to have been mostly successful, to this point. After all, as Mike .357 mentioned, there are new animals found quite often that no one knew or could prove existed - and most of them weren't trying to avoid detection. I also can't help but think how many people claim to have seen cougars/mountain lions/panthers in their area when the official stance is that there are no such creatures in the area (only to have evidence eventually come to light that proves they really do live there.) For those reasons, I couldn't really check 'no', either (although I must admit that I lean toward the nonexistance of such creatures.)

Edited by JAB