Kahr PM9, anybody got one? Is it sweet as it looks and feels?

andersmg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kahr PM9 is a great carry gun. I started with the P9 then went to the PM9 and now carry a P45. It was reliable and accurate at self defense ranges.

It was a great pocket gun. I carried it in my pocket when wearing loose fitting pants like dockers or dress slacks and in a iwb when wearing jeans.

The only reason I got rid of mine was to fund the P45 purchase.

:tinfoil::):doh::):)

Guest jcramin

I have a PM9 and I LOVE it. I carry a S&W1911 normally, but when I am wearing shorts that do not have belt loops ill take my PM9 in my pocket in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

J

Guest rockytop

I have one and it is a very nice piece. I carry it daily in a front pocket and it works really well in kahki type work pants (don't know about jeans). They are built to very close tolerances and the owners manual instructs owners not to be alarmed or call about returning them until you have fired at least 200 rounds thru them as a break-in period. The only problem I had with mine was the slide failing to go completely in to battery when I released the slide by hand (my habit with Sigs and Glocks). During the break-in period you can't hand release the slide fast enough. They instruct you to release the slide with the slide release lever. Another potential problem is limp-wristing when firing. Now that I have about 300 rounds thru mine I have no trouble with racking the slide manually. You can get a lot of good information on these over on the Glock Talk forum. Scroll down to the Gun Related Section, select, then Kahr Threads. It's got the most info I've seen anywhere.

Does anyone have one of the recently released PM45s they can report on?

Merry CHRISTmas to all

rockytop

Guest rockytop

Anders, if you decide to get one, check out www.scpfirearms.com . This is where I got mine and I saved $$$'s even after paying transfer fee. Steve is a super guy to deal with in addition to great prices. You can see some of his guns for sale over on SigForum. He has an ad in the classifieds section under the handle of 220ST. Email me if you want additional info.

Guest utarch00

I have one. I bought it used after running through similar type guns - Kel-tec & Skyy. I originally thought that the price was outragous for such a small gun, but after biting the bullet and getting it, the quality is much better then most of the guns in its category, minus the Rohrbaugh. I carry it everyday during the week at work in the front pocket of either dress slacks or khakis, I have carried it this way in jeans also, if baggy enough.