Road Rage Incident

I'm guessing you must be MPD? If so, you know that the south end of the interstate from 385 Junction to the 55 Junction has become a freaking autobahn out there. You have to drive 65 in the slow poke lane to keep from getting run over. The worst offenders always seem to be the folks from MS. I'd love to see more enforcement, but I know you guys are always swamped.

My brother is LEO with Bartlett. I used to be a reserve with SCSO. I appreciate what you guys do out there. Thank you for your service to our community!

Nope. Who is your brother? I work with him, whomever he may be.

It's a shame you didn't get his license number and contacted the police about him.

Now that's funny right there! In Memphis?? Tennessee??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
Don't drive mad. Don't drive while on the phone. Try to pay attention to what is going on around you and understand that there are a LOT of folks on the roads that are in their own worlds and don't give a hoot about anything but themselves. Realize that you cannot control them and keep yourself safe.

One final thought... Cigarette butts are litter too. Don't throw them out of your car or on the ground around you!

Well, gee! I had a libtard Democrat tell me something close to that just last year but it didn't sound any better the first time.

First of all, I don't drive mad I simply shoot the ba$tards (using the imaginary butterfly triggers mounted at the 9 0'clock and 3 o'clock positions on my steering wheel [headlights flip up to expose barrels of 9MM sub guns]) as I scream above the volume of the stereo "Die you scumbag :D motha-lova" (language edited similarly to a B movie on television). :D

Secondly, I talk on the phone while driving because I have a Bluetooth ear piece and figure if you can't do that you shouldn't be allowed to have conversations with passengers in your vehicle while you drive either. I understand the idea of priorities. :cool:

Driving on, I always pay attention to what is going on around me because you never know when a cute little college co-ed with perky parts--

(*)(*) -- will pop up through a t-top waiving her tee shirt above her head yelling "how do you like these puppies dude?" like one did for me not too long ago. She not only gave a hoot, she gave a pair of hooters, God bless her. What an enjoyable drive! :up::yum::up:

Regarding the final thought, I don't smoke cigarettes so the only butts I leave on the street are the smoldering remains of all those that are stupid enough to find themselves in the sights of the afore mentioned 9MM sub-guns.

/rant

Well, gee! I had a libtard Democrat tell me something close to that just last year but it didn't sound any better the first time.

First of all, I don't drive mad I simply shoot the ba$tards (using the imaginary butterfly triggers mounted at the 9 0'clock and 3 o'clock positions on my steering wheel [headlights flip up to expose barrels of 9MM sub guns]) as I scream above the volume of the stereo "Die you scumbag :lol: motha-lova" (language edited similarly to a B movie on television). :tough:

Secondly, I talk on the phone while driving because I have a Bluetooth ear piece and figure if you can't do that you shouldn't be allowed to have conversations with passengers in your vehicle while you drive either. I understand the idea of priorities. :cool:

Driving on, I always pay attention to what is going on around me because you never know when a cute little college co-ed with perky parts--

(*)(*) -- will pop up through a t-top waiving her tee shirt above her head yelling "how do you like these puppies dude?" like one did for me not too long ago. She not only gave a hoot, she gave a pair of hooters, God bless her. What an enjoyable drive! :up::yum::up:

Regarding the final thought, I don't smoke cigarettes so the only butts I leave on the street are the smoldering remains of all those that are stupid enough to find themselves in the sights of the afore mentioned 9MM sub-guns.

/rant

:blink:

(*)(*) -- will pop up through a t-top waiving her tee shirt above her head yelling "how do you like these puppies dude?" like one did for me not too long ago. She not only gave a hoot, she gave a pair of hooters, God bless her. What an enjoyable drive! :blink::lol:

some guys have all the fun

Guest db99wj
You did well. These MS folks are gettin' a little out of hand. And they are EVERYWHERE. I'm all for some sort of toll booth at the state line. :blink:

A MS specialty tag with 1885 in it, huh? I'll keep my eyes open.

I rarely have the same issue in my company car. And if I do, I've got a form for it... :lol:

I bet you do! LOL!

I smile and wave at those kind of folks. Seems to make them even madder if you don't get mad.

That's what I do, my minivan engine can barely get my Jeep out of its' own way at higher speeds. They will have to wait or go around me.

First of all, I don't drive mad I simply shoot the ba$tards (using the imaginary butterfly triggers mounted at the 9 0'clock and 3 o'clock positions on my steering wheel [headlights flip up to expose barrels of 9MM sub guns]) as I scream above the volume of the stereo "Die you scumbag :) motha-lova" (language edited similarly to a B movie on television). :D

Secondly, I talk on the phone while driving because I have a Bluetooth ear piece and figure if you can't do that you shouldn't be allowed to have conversations with passengers in your vehicle while you drive either. I understand the idea of priorities. :screwy:

/rant

Wow! How quick to anger. My comments were not pointed at you they were simply my observations about drivers in general. About the only thing I have in common with libtard democrats is that I am forced to drive on the same roads as they are and it seems to me that you are mighty quick to take offense at very simple comments.

My phone comments was pointed at those who hold the phone in one hand while putting on make-up or read the paper at 70mph. As for the cigarette butts... I don't give a shout if you smoke that's just one of my personal pet peeves.

I used to drive mad. I used to get irritated at the slightest driving fools. I still cuss the crap out of them but I try to let it go just as quickly.

In closing, easy big fella I meant ill will towards you.

Drive safe and watch out for those perky coeds :D

Well...this is off topic...but....

There are signs on main roads(and most every road) from Maine to Commifornia that say (IN ENGLISH)...

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT....or....KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS...

These signs do NOT say....DRIVE IN WHICHEVER LANE YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU ARE DOING THE SPEED LIMIT....

If I am doing 110MPH in the PASSING lane and somebody comes up behind me doing 111MPH...i get the hell out of the passing lane....there is a reason those signs are on the side of the road....and it AIN'T just for the convicts to weedeat around..........

UGH!!!!!!!.........wake up and get out of the left lane!!!!!!

RANT OVER!

There are signs on main roads(and most every road) from Maine to Commifornia that say (IN ENGLISH)...

You can see those signs, too? Whew, I thought I was the only one...

:)

These signs do NOT say....DRIVE IN WHICHEVER LANE YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU ARE DOING THE SPEED LIMIT....

If I am doing 110MPH in the PASSING lane and somebody comes up behind me doing 111MPH...i get the hell out of the passing lane....there is a reason those signs are on the side of the road....and it AIN'T just for the convicts to weedeat around..........

RANT OVER!

Try telling that to people from Alabama. No go. But that is about everywhere these days. Seems more and more drivers think they own the road.

Oh, and has anyone noticed the drivers from Georgia here in Tennessee seem to always be in a hurry?

Guest rsgillmd
Try telling that to people from Alabama. No go. But that is about everywhere these days. Seems more and more drivers think they own the road.

Oh, and has anyone noticed the drivers from Georgia here in Tennessee seem to always be in a hurry?

Maybe the Georgia drivers are practicing for Road Atlanta. :)

Guest db99wj

RANT OVER!

He was in the far right lane.

See below. The dude passed him in the emergency lane..the right emergency lane...

On my way to work driving my company car N/B on I-240 approaching the E/B I-40 exit/connector when this red neck from Mississippi driving a little red pick up starts riding my bumper. I'm in the far right lane and there's an 18 wheeler to my left. I've got nowhere to go. Speed limit is 55 and I'm already doing 65 but apparently it's not enough for this guy. He's swerving behind me like he's in some sort of Nascar event and as we get to this major curve with the 18 wheeler and me in the two lanes merging onto I-40 this dumb ass shoots to the right of me in the emergency lane and passes me in the curve almost forcing me to hit the 18 wheeler. I'm honking and looking at this guy like WTF? He flips me off and pulls over right in front of me, then takes off.
Guest pws_smokeyjones

I have been on both sides of road rage incidents in the past (prior to carrying a pistol) and I have yet to have one turn out good. Backing off is always the best first option - no matter which 'side' of the event you are on.

Last year, I was driving to work and this guy in a mini van comes roaring up behind me. I'm cruising at 65 with heavy traffic in my lane (middle) and boxing traffic to the right and left. Hey, it's rush hour... enjoy the ride right? Well this guy just goes freaking ballistic on me. He starts waving his arms, pounding the dash and screaming at me. I can tell this because he is literally 12 inches off my rear bumper. I wash the windshield... liberally. OOOOO, he's madder than hell now! lol My right foot hovers for a second over the brake pedal and then I think better of it because he's obviously not paying attention and his reaction time will be too slow. So I just try to ignore him. But I can't help it. I love watching him rant and rave. I start to chuckle... then belly laugh. Just the sight of this 40-ish guy going ape tickles me somehow. Traffic eventually clears on my left and he whizzes by me, making all kinds of friendly gestures, to amuse the guy 20 feet ahead.

You have a nice day now... hear? :)

People are downright funny sometimes.

Guest wdb45

I've been carrying legally for about 11 or 12 years. I too find my self many times passing on responding to idiots because I know that automatically if I'm in an altercation and I carry I can be classed as a "bad guy". I used to get "in your face" at any provocation. Now I just remind myself "It aint worth it" and walk on. Keep carrying but save the "rage" till it's worth it, then make your shots count.:)

Guest wdb45

TO: kb4ns

First of all, I don't drive mad I simply shoot the ba$tards (using the imaginary butterfly triggers mounted at the 9 0'clock and 3 o'clock positions on my steering wheel [headlights flip up to expose barrels of 9MM sub guns]) as I scream above the volume of the stereo "Die you scumbag motha-lova" (language edited similarly to a B movie on television).

I've been trying to figure out how to mount an anti-tank weapon under the front of my car for years to deal with the "other" incompetent drivers on the road. :)

He was in the far right lane.

See below. The dude passed him in the emergency lane..the right emergency lane...

yeah...i can read....and i wasnt bashing the OP....hence the statement i made about being OFF TOPIC.

I drive 60,000+ miles a year and see that crap all the time. Even so, I get pissed seeing stupid stuff all the time and let it go best I can.

It's best to keep in mind, there are nut jobs out there with nothing to lose.

I travel for work a lot, in my personal vehicle though. It doesn't make any sense to me to be in a hurry and be speeding as I just leave my house with plenty of time to get where I'm going, so I pretty much drive the speed limit or no more than 5mph over anywhere I go. I get tailgated all the time, even in the right lane. It's frustrating, but I usually try not to let it bother me.

I don't want to drive 30mph but if that's the speed limit so that's what I'm going to do...lol The crappy thing is I have to go to GA this week to fight a window tint ticket. I was driving 5 under the speed limit, seatbelt on, lights on, right lane (in front of a car with a headlight out of course), and a wonderful GA trooper stopped me soley because my tint was too dark. Out of all the absolutely rediculus driving I see around Atlanta, I, the guy driving under the speed limit and with no tickets in 7 years, gets a $170 ticket because I bought a car with window tint that was illegal....lol

I asked the officer if he took into consideration that I wasn't speeding and had a clean record and he told me that he was cutting me a break and not making me post bond for it.....Yeah the pig was willing to arrest me for window tint! And they wonder why even good citizens like me don't care much for them. I had been polite the whole time and even was upfront about the Kimber .45 under a t-shirt on the front seat. Guess if I were to have not been so polite I would have ended up in the slammer because I don't like getting sunburned and blinded while I drive. What's this country coming too?

GA, you have some really rediculus police officers....and don't get me started on the drivers in Atlanta who think that as soon as the highway is 5 lanes it's time to do 20 mph over the speed limit and change lanes at will..lol

Guest bubruins

So no one else here has a rear bumper mounted oil slick dispenser or hideaway rocket launchers behind the headlights? I guess that I'm the only one here tactically prepared for tail-gators.

All kidding aside, I caught myself in some road rage earlier this month and I too and I found myself thinking about the additional repercussions attached because someone may or may not be carrying a weapon. I hadn't ever considered that possibility before I started shooting handguns myself. As I've seen so many times posted here before, I have to agree that "an armed society is a polite society."