EVGA ROCKS (graphics card/nerd discussion) or why im not playin MW2

So I have had my EVGA 8800GTS 640mb SC Graphics Card for about 3 years and it still does pretty well at most all the new games...last week the damn thing just died without warning while I was playing MW2. So here im thinking sh*t im gonna need to cough up about $300-$400 and replace it. Long story short it turns out it has a limited lifetime warranty since I registered it within 30 days of purchase...they now have a brand new one (either the same or an upgrade*fingers crossed*) on the way back to me and im only out the $16 it cost me to send it to them. Icing on the cake is that this card also has a limited lifetime warranty too :screwy: Needless to say when I make another rig EVGA will be getting my business.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GT_Rat

Pretty much all the graphics card companys give a lifetime warranty. I upgraded to a 5770 card a few months ago. My computer can't feed it fast enough. All the benchmarks flatline. :screwy:

I need to upgrade to an I7 and another 5770. :up:

Pretty much all the graphics card companys give a lifetime warranty. I upgraded to a 5770 card a few months ago. My computer can't feed it fast enough. All the benchmarks flatline. :screwy:

I need to upgrade to an I7 and another 5770. :up:

Yeah do want one pretty bad, but im a cheap bastard...what rig are you running it with...im afraid my E6600 would be quite a bottleneck if I was to get one of those.

Guest GT_Rat

Sounds like similar hardware as you. A Core2Duo on an old 680i chipset with 8gigs of ram. It does play MW2 maxxed out at 1920x1080 smoothly. The 5770 was only $200 at Best Buy and you could probably find it cheaper online. I run the Crysis benchmarks on high or very high whatever the max is and hit about 35FPS on the non-snow benchmarks consistently. The snow benchmarks kill it though. It would be higher if I could feed the card better.

hmmm...i just got mine back...another 8800gts SC....brand new, but still an oldie....this thing might bring $50 or more on Ebay its looking like....maybe time to do the upgrade.....I didnt know Best Buy carried the 5770....so far I have had no issues with the 8800 at pretty hi res on MW2...but im afraid Stalker is gonna put a hurtin on it.

I haven't played games on my pc in forever so I dare say I am way behind the times .I gave up on pc games when my wife bought me a call of duty game about three years ago for my birthday and my brand new computer was too weak to get anything on the game but the intro movie to play. Now I just play stuff on consoles .I do still long or a smokin' machine with a kick butt graphics card . I'm envious of yall's "techno mojo" I'm not worthy B)