Getting a weird popup window...

Guest Jamie

Guest Jamie

... with an authentication request. "A username and password are being requested by https://tmail.utk.edu. The site says: "tmail.utk.edu""

It's coming when I click on the thread in the general forum "Springfield 30% off sale".

I've run my virus checker here locally on my machine, and don't turn up anything, so I'm wondering what's going on here with the forums.

Any ideas? Is it here, or do I have a hidden bug on my machine, fishing for info?

Oh, and it doesn't seem to happen with any other thread in that forum, or elsewhere for that matter.

J.

Edited by Jamie
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
... with an authentication request. "A username and password are being requested by https://tmail.utk.edu. The site says: "tmail.utk.edu""

It's coming when I click on the thread in the general forum "Springfield 30% off sale".

I've run my virus checker here locally on my machine, and don't turn up anything, so I'm wondering what's going on here with the forums.

Any ideas? Is it here, or do I have a hidden bug on my machine, fishing for info?

Oh, and it doesn't seem to happen with any other thread in that forum, or elsewhere for that matter.

J.

You're attempting to post in the "SA Sale 30% off" thread I bet. I'm getting it to. My guess is that Erik88 (a UTK student) somehow cross-linked an attempt to post a pic to the UTK server and it requires a log-in.

Guest Jamie

Nope, not trying to post on it; it happens when I click on the title to view the thread. Doesn't seem to happen... or didn't last time I tried... when I click on the number for the 2nd pace, straight from the general forum.

J.

Guest Bronker
eeek sorry guys:tinfoil:

not sure what I did. Promise I'm not spreading a virus that I know of. I think it's because I sent the pics to my email and then copied the image URL

Maybe the black heli's are interfering with your server. You know they are watching...:tinfoil:

Guest Jamie
eeek sorry guys:tinfoil:

not sure what I did. Promise I'm not spreading a virus that I know of. I think it's because I sent the pics to my email and then copied the image URL

That's it. It's a request for the password to your E-mail account.... 'cause I don't see any pics.

You'll have to move the pics to a hosting service that's NOT an e-mail, and post the URL for that.

J.

Just discussing this in another thread.

It's happening because Erik has put pix in UT server directory that's not public, ie, his email section, permissions don't allow public view.

It looks like this:

erik.gif

When I worked there, we could FTP to a public viewable storage area of our account, staff had more than students, but both could do it.

Dunno what the deal is over there anymore.

Matter of fact, they didn't nuke my account until 4 years after I left, and being assistant sys op of our Novell network at the time, I could have really stomped that, too, had I wanted.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Glock23ForMe
Here you go.

Username: glock23izatool

Password: ieatpoo

For about 10 seconds I was like "What?!?!?"

:2cents:

Seriously though, are any of them CAPITAL letters?