Anyone own a Beretta PX4 ?

94user

Just got one, full size, not one of the compact models in .40 cal. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. What an impressive piece! Excellent fit between the slide and frame, the magazine inserts smoother than any other I ever had and it looks great. I just today got a box of 100 Winchester 165 gr FMJ rounds and will probably hit the local range in a couple of days. I've read a half dozen different reviews online today and not a one of them had anything bad to say. I am SOOOO Jazzed!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got one, full size, not one of the compact models in .40 cal. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. What an impressive piece! Excellent fit between the slide and frame, the magazine inserts smoother than any other I ever had and it looks great. I just today got a box of 100 Winchester 165 gr FMJ rounds and will probably hit the local range in a couple of days. I've read a half dozen different reviews online today and not a one of them had anything bad to say. I am SOOOO Jazzed!!

I have one in 9mm, took it to IDPA after I had it a couple of weeks, it performed flawlessly.

Guest jackdm3

Carry an Elite .40 everyday and have a Cheetah. I can't say I would worry about anything they make. That could change any day, but ...

Some complain about trigger slap. I have fired the 40 cal a # of times and it will soften over time. Recoil is less than a Glock 23 and many say it is one of if not the softest shooting 40 cal on the mkt. Also know someone else with the 9 mm who loves it. It is a quality piece, soft shooting, fair price, and a number of police depts have adopted it.

Guest JHatmaker

I owned a Px4 Sub-Compact in 9mm and really enjoyed it. The grip was one of the most comfortable I've ever held. I could never find a holster that it would fit in well though, and ended up trading it.

Congrats on the purchase.

Guest (BH)

Yup. I love mine. It's a .40 type F.

I don't shoot it as much as I used to, but that's really just because I need to restock my .40 supply. The PX4 has always served me well.

I have a full size in 9mm. So far so good as I haven't had any issues. Its a real easy gun to shoot. There is a lot you can do to the trigger with these things just as you can on the 92 series.

What can I do with the trigger ?

For starters you can change the hammer spring to a "D" spring. Its the spring they use in their D version pistols. That'll lighten up your double action up ALOT and will also help a bit with single action. If you have a "qualified" individual polish your sear and hammer up a bit, it goes a long way. Most people just stop at the D spring though as the PX4's are already pretty smooth. Its just the pull weight that needs the tuning. Use the Beretta factory spring. The Beretta part # is C99001. You can order them directly from BUSA i think.