Springfield EMP

Guest Boomhower

Guest Boomhower

Eat your heart out Elliott.....:wave:

I finally took the plunge. I can't wait to put some rounds thru it. But I'm afraid it's going to take a bit longer than I'd like.

Does this mean that I am part of the 1911 Elite?? Maybe on the Micro scale :).

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
What did you get it chambered in?

I went with the 9mm. I was told the .40 S&W was on back order, and I am not afraid to carry 9mm as others are :wave:. All of my current handguns are 9mm, and I plan on purchasing a big brother 1911 of some type in the future in .45 ACP, so for that reason I don't want to have to keep up with 9mm, 40 S&W, and .45 ACP.

Guest flyfishtn

Thanks for the info! Please report when you get some rounds through it as I am VERY interested in hearing how it shoots as I really want one in my arsenal.

Guest Boomhower
Nice piece. One of those has been on my radar for a while now, especially when the wife was looking for a 1911 of her own. Problem is... a lot of folks seem to be having problems with the EMP for some reason according to what I've been reading on the 1911 forums.

I'll be interested in hearing your experiences with the gun. For us, it was either going to be that or a Kimber Aegis.

I've read those as well, on the 1911 forum, and I thought twice about it right before I bought one. But we all know that only the bad reviews get posted. Generally speaking, good reviews are rarely ever posted, and the main review from that forum recieved mainly an excellent rating. And a well written review, might I add.

I will definetly give you guys a range report as soon as I can get out to a range. I really hope it is all it's cracked up to be. This has been my dream pistol for a long time now, and I was finally able to pull all the funds together, and for the price, I couldn't pass on it. This is the most that I have ever paid for a gun, so I hope it doesn't back fire on me.

Guest DrBoomBoom

The NRA mag, American Rifleman, named it gun of the year last spring, and gave it a real good review. They said that the double recoil spring worked well, but watch out for the plastic spacer that holds it, it makes the gun easier to field strip, but could be easy to lose. I've drooled over one they had at Guns and Leather, but there's a few other guns on my list first. I still think it looks like it's been to a mohel. Congrats on a beaut.

Guest Boomhower

I was able to spread her wings a little today. Cycled 150 rds of WWB 115 gr. with only three issues.

1st - round chambered, pull trigger, hammer dropped, click, no bang. Cycled another round before I thought about what I was doing, so I don't know what the issue was. The gun had to be in battery for the hammer to drop, right? The firing pin never made contact with the primer.:bowrofl: Re-chambered that same round after I finished out the magazine and it fired without a problem.

2nd & 3rd - The slide did not lock back after finishing the magazine. Once again, I didn't think about what I was doing until after it was all over. I should have marked the magazine somehow to see if it was the same one both times, but I'm a doof. I'll know better next time.

As far as POA, the gun shoots left and a bit low. The low part is probably me, but I think I figured out what the left issue is. (Read following as newbie)I am guessing this is the set pin/screw for the front sight. There is a hole on the under side of the slide, and I'm assuming this pin is supposed to be seated inside there, and not protruding up and out of the sight.

IMG_2715.JPG

If you look to the left side of the sight, you should be able to notice that the sight looks to be off center. Probably why the set pin/screw is not fully seated. I think if I can get the sight centered and the pin pushed in, I'll be shooting straight. What do you think??

IMG_2713.JPG

See how this could be distracting in your sight picture??

IMG_2693.JPG

All in all, I am very pleased with my first round with the EMP. I should be able to put a few more rounds thru it day after tomorrow, so I hope to see if I can duplicate any of the issue that I had today......Stay tuned!

Guest Boomhower

I also forgot to mention that I shot a few Hornady TAP 124gr. thru the EMP without any problems. I could only afford to use about 7 without running my supply dry, but as soon as I get a chance to pick up a little more defense ammo, I'll probably by a different type and see how they function just for comparison.

Nice range report!!

If this is a spanking brand new pistol, it will probably take a few hundred rounds to get broken in.

*sigh* Remember when we said we'd let the other test it out of one of us got one?:shrug: this is just as good.

I was talking to Julie about using my left over per-diem to get an EMP when I get home...and got fussed at. It seems that there's one waiting under the Christmas Tree for me.:D

the fussing came from me finding out what my gift was.:doh:

now, If I can just talk you into letting me try out your p3at ....

:D:D

I'm happy to see you getting what ya wanted!

merry Christmas to you guys.

Guest Boomhower

*sigh* Remember when we said we'd let the other test it out of one of us got one?:rofl: this is just as good.

I sure do, hence the first sentence of my OP and the offer still stands, you gun toucher you.

I was talking to Julie about using my left over per-diem to get an EMP when I get home...and got fussed at. It seems that there's one waiting under the Christmas Tree for me.;)

the fussing came from me finding out what my gift was.:D

Then I guess my job is done here.:mad:

now, If I can just talk you into letting me try out your p3at ....

Anytime, that you are home that is. I don't ship.:D

Guest Boomhower
That sight retaining pin shouldn't be sticking up like that. The other problems you listed may just go away with break-in.

I don't have a sight pusher. How hard would this be to line up with a brass punch and what do I need to use to get the retaining pin back in the sight?