FNP-9

Guest GL P232

Guest GL P232

I have been looking at a new FNP-9. Never owned one or know anyone who has. Are they reliable guns and what would be a fair price to pay?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one and loved it. Only reason I sold it was I was not fond of the DA/SA platform. Even though the trigger was the nicest I had shot in DA/SA. However, I do have a hankering for the new FNX9. I was going to get the USG version, but I much prefer the safety lever design of the FNX line.

Guest FiddleDog

This pistol handles well. Solidly built. I think I saw one on ### for 400.00, but that seems low compared to what they normally go used.

Guest mustangdave

I have a FNP-40...its my EDC as well. FNP's seem to handle just about any ammo you throw at it...solid reliable and accurate

This pistol handles well. Solidly built. I think I saw one on ### for 400.00, but that seems low compared to what they normally go used.

That's mine..While it may seem low, I only got a handful of offers.

As for the FNP, I thinks it's a great gun overall, it's just not flashy. That being the case many over look it.

Most that have shot one, tend to like them.

As for the FNP, I thinks it's a great gun overall, it's just not flashy. That being the case many over look it.

Most that have shot one, tend to like them.

I agree. I have one and really like it. They are usually listed among the top whenever a question about the best gun for the price comes up. They do not get mentioned in casual conversation, however.

Guest BRad704

I think they go unmentioned, because the don't seem to be heavily marketed. EVERYbody knows what a Smith & Wesson, or Springfield, or Glock is, even if they don't own or like guns... Mention FN Herstal and they think you are talking about the newest coolest blue jeans at the mall...

I have been looking at these also as our first "house-gun" that my wife and I can both shoot. She doesnt like my 38 snubbie... I have read nothing but great reviews on them, with the only negative being how wide the ambi-takedown levers are. The FNX series fixes this from what I have seen.

Whats the diff between the FNP and the FNX ?

I am looking to try one of these one day,very slick looking piece IMO

Kinda Sig like too but with out the price tag and made in USA

Try here http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/35324-fnx-9-a.html

Basically, the safety/decocker is updated, the rail is more standard, and the grip texture is updated to be more like the FNP-45.

Here is a picture of the two:

FNM0169sb.png

Old FNP for comparison

FNM0047sb.png

Guest BRad704

The FNX also has a serrated section on the front half of the slide, in addition to the rear.

Decocker... got it... I had a mental lapse and forgot what they were actually called...

I wonder if it is possible to remove some or all of the actual protruding lever from one side, to make it a purely RH function?

Edited by BRad704