don't laugh but this should pass the Shooting part of HCP right?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe
as long as you hit the black its a hit, they dont check it any further than that.

True. Hit the shadow, get the points.

yup, i feel pretty good. I am signed up for the up coming class, I got the time off at work.

I did go out yesterday and get some more shooting time in. I did a bit better.

Not worried about passing the shooting part of the class, not worried about the class in general.

Sitting in class a few hours, taking in allot of information all at once will be a bit much but I am sure I will handle it ok.

Guest Glock23ForMe
yup, i feel pretty good. I am signed up for the up coming class, I got the time off at work.

I did go out yesterday and get some more shooting time in. I did a bit better.

Not worried about passing the shooting part of the class, not worried about the class in general.

Sitting in class a few hours, taking in allot of information all at once will be a bit much but I am sure I will handle it ok.

Probably 70% of the information, I found useful and cool so I would remember it. I'm excited for ya, man...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BRad704

So after reading 6 pages of build-up... do we get to see your HCP Class target?

I want my wife and I to take ours together soon in Memphis... Probably going to borrow Dad's 4" XD 9 for us both. My wife actually like shooting that one...

Actually I didn't have a camera with me. The instructor kept the targets.

My target looked much better then what I posted.

I am giving credit to something I learned in the class. I learned a better hold on the pistol.

When I started shooting Dad's pistol I ask him about hold to hold my off hand, and he showed me what he did.

More of a cup and saucer.

But I picked up a better Hold from Mike, I almost didn't change for the class, but tried it on the close targets and it felt better and I felt I had more control.

I shot the entire time at the range with the improved hold I learned and grouped up my hits allot better.

I didn't want to brag on my score, I was going to leave that out, but since you are asking in a round about way, 468 out of 480.

I know I have allot more practice to do, I was having a better then average day. Plus it was the first time my wife was watching me shoot. That might have had something to do with it.