My taurus PT1911

Guest tnxdshooter

Guest tnxdshooter

Here are pics of my taurus 1911.

Also, here is a list of everything I intend to install on it. I already have most of the parts ordered I just need to get a few more.

1. Wilson combat custom mag well

2. Wilson combat extended slide stop

3. Wilson Combat ultra light match trigger

4. Wilson Combat deluxe a-2 sear

5. Wilson combat skeletonized ultra light hammer

6. Wilson combat high ride ambidextrous safety

7. Wilson combat extended ejector

8. Wilson Combat plunger tube

9. Wilson combat deluxe sear spring

10. Wilson combat factory plus firing pin

11. wilson combat extractor

12. Wilson combat disconnector

13. wilson combat hammer strut

14. NOVAK Tritium 3 dot sights (Taurus)

IMG00003-20100502-1516.jpg

IMG00002-20100502-1514.jpg

IMG00001-20100502-1512.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter

Rubber pearce grip inserts with Wood grips.com double diamond checkered cocobolo grips with wilson combat hex head grip screws.

Guest nosnos

That looks sweet! Maybe I should be considering a Taurus. I've wanted a 1911 for a while, just kind of pricey.

Why did you go with an upgraded Taurus instead of just getting a Wilson? Is it a good bit more affordable?

Guest tnxdshooter

I can tell you this gun is a hoss. It has eaten every ammo I have thrown at it without so much as a hiccup and shoots two inch groups consistantly. Also one reason I am going with the high ride ambi safety is because it is shorter on one side and will allow crimson trace laser grips to fit better.

Edited by tnxdshooter
forgot something

Yup,I really like my Taurus,it also has eaten any type of ammo I put in the mag.I added only a few goodies to mine,the trigger is really good right from the factory,probably quite a bit better than my Kimber in fact.I added a EGW Carry Melt Extra Thick bushing and a Wilson Combat 2 piece guide rod and a set of Raasco grips and called it good.IMG_1110.jpg

The only problem that I see with you putting all of those Wilson parts in it is that if you ever try to sell the gun, you will not re coop your money. As long as you are aware of this and plan to keep the weapon, more power to you

I'd like to get a Taurus PT1911 in 38 super, but it's just not in the budget right now. Or anytime soon for that matter. Unless expenses suddenly plummet, and considering all the times they've risen without warning I think I'm due for it.

I agree, I've always wanted a 38 super. Heard so many interesting things about how great a cartridge it is on a 1911 frame. But I always seem to find something else instead. There are just so many things out there to choose from and so little time and money. But now that I've got the PT1911, maybe I'll look into a 38 super kit for it. Yeah, that's an idea.

Guest tnxdshooter
The only problem that I see with you putting all of those Wilson parts in it is that if you ever try to sell the gun, you will not re coop your money. As long as you are aware of this and plan to keep the weapon, more power to you

Very aware. Thanks for the heads up though

Guest tnxdshooter
with all the Kimber parts on your Taurus maybe you should have bought a KIMBER LOL

I hate kimber. It has no kimber parts on it unless you call wilson combat parts kimber parts.

Guest tnxdshooter
Yup,I really like my Taurus,it also has eaten any type of ammo I put in the mag.I added only a few goodies to mine,the trigger is really good right from the factory,probably quite a bit better than my Kimber in fact.I added a EGW Carry Melt Extra Thick bushing and a Wilson Combat 2 piece guide rod and a set of Raasco grips and called it good.IMG_1110.jpg

I like yours to