Tell me about Glock pistols

94user

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest truthsayer

unless there's a reason to carry something smaller, I leave the house with a G17/22/23 every time. I shot them in competition, carried them lots, and tried darn near everything else in the process.

OMG can you do a kickflip on that thing? Sooo much skateboard tape... lol

*Edit* for the record, Glocks are in the holy trinity of 9mm handguns. Beretta 92, Glock 17, XDM 9... you can't go wrong with any of them.

Thats stippling and a reshaped grip. Not skateboarded tape.

Guest smileyguy

Pretty good info so far. I’d suggest renting or borrowing one. You may or may not like the grip angle.

As far as liking a hammerless auto, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. I have revolvers, all metal SA/DA, and polymer striker fired pistols. I like all of them. For SD, I especially like the “DAO†striker fired pistols. Some of you old school revolver guys may agree, I like the lack of a traditional thumb safety. One less thing to bother with when you are drawing and need to respond quickly to a threat during a stressful situation. God forbid you actually forget to disengage the safety (seen footage of that happen). To me, the safety is keeping your finger of the damn trigger until you are ready to fire.

I also like polymer in carry guns (no corrosion). Polymer is also very strong. All these new poly guns have been tested. They survive being dropped of roofs, run over by cars, etc. Some old school guys threw a fit when Ruger switched to a poly trigger guard on the 10/22. The poly turned out to be stronger than the metal ones. Because the poly can flex, it survived drop tests that snapped the metal trigger guards like a twig. Some guys don’t like the aesthetics of poly guns. I had a guy tell me my polymer XD was ugly, as he whipped out his all stainless something or other. That’s OK, I like pretty guns too, but I’m more of a function over form guy.

Back to Glocks. They are good guns, but they are not infallible as the Glock lovers would suggest. They WILL fail as any gun will. They even have their own terminology, “Glock Ka-Boom†in large caliber Glocks and the “Glock Phase 3 Malfunction†in Glock 19s come to mind. Not bashing Glocks, I think they are GREAT guns, just not “Glock Perfectionâ€. There is no such thing as perfection in firearms.

Again, try one out. You may love it. If not, look at some others. The XD line, S&W MP, the Ruger SR9 The SR9 in particular has a very nice rounded profile and is very slim for carry purpose. I’ve heard great things about the Tuarus 24/7 from people whose opinion I respect. If you don’t like the “DAO†guns, there are many traditional SA/DA options: Sigs, FN, HK, and CZ. The options for good quality, reliable handguns are staggering. Makes me wish I could afford to have them all!

Guest vantoo

love both my Glocks. I have a 17 and a 22. But I carry a Kahr CW40 because it is light and slim and dependable. The Glocks are dependable too but a little thick for me to carry. As far as the grip goes, I have fairly smll hands and I like the grip. If I could only have one semi-auto, it would be a Glock....