Please vote on this poll

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett

I don't see why the thread should be locked to be honest, I just read through it all.

Sure some people got a little heated, it became a conversation about religion, what did we all expect?

As far as the whole belief/unbelief thing goes I'm not really going to weigh in other than to say that I am a Christian, but have dabbled in Sikhism, agnosticism, and atheism in my lifetime.

As far as the topic is concerned...while yes, there might be a possibility of massive Muslim migration and subsequent voting for Muslim candidates in local elections, there is not really any danger of Sharia Law being established in the freaking US of A. To imply that we would be taken over from within is pretty far-fetched, even if that is some unstated Muslim master plan. Also, the point was well made concerning the 1A and 2A rights. Many conservatives are so schizophrenic when it comes to the Bill of Rights.

I didn't vote on the poll, but if someone wants to make it a mosque and they're spending good money in it, let em. Besides, I live in South Nashville near Nolensville Rd. where the largest Muslim community in the city is. Most of them are Kurdish immigrants who escaped Iraq. For the most part they're very good neighbors, not unlike what I experience growing up on a horse farm outside M'boro. They're quiet, courteous, and mind their own business. Honestly I'd love to see them expand into that area, because what used to be urban blight out here is becoming little Kurdistan as I like to call it. Lots of little groceries and other businesses. The area is much better and crime is down. Antioch could use some of that medicine.

Edited by Drewsett
If we're airing....

My problem with all organised religion is the inherant hypocrisy that is so obvious, everyone seems to miss it.

ALL mainstream religions preach tolerance of others, yet it's always those that preach their own religion the loudest that seem least tolerant of others! Not a singe religion yet has managed to prove the existance of their own god, yet are so quick to deny the existance of anyone else's. Every mainstream religion bases their beliefs on a book. Nobody has yet proven who originally WROTE the book (Bhuddism aside) or proved that a single shred of it is true.

Makes you think, huh :D

The whole 'creation vs evolution' argument makes me giggle inside! The whole big bang theory is just that, a theory. Theoretical physicists admit that it's just a theory & is completely unproveable. It's just best guesses from available data. Creationists, on the other hand, believe that the stuff written down in an old book, with no proveable provenance is the truth, solely because it's written in the book! The funny part is wen they then try & argue about it. Arguing Theory against belief is just the most ridiculous thing I can think of! There's no basis of proof on either side and the theoretical physicists will openly admit this!!! Meanwhile the creationists are waving around their, possibly fictional, storybook telling everyone they must be right!! :D :D :D

+1 A big local church comes to mind, but it could be any church.

I shouldn't say it, but I will. Some of us are sick of it all and are ready for a fight. They don't deserve to take our town.

Who would "they" be? Muslims, tourist or Bass Pro Shops? Just curious.

Edited by LINKS2K
Guest Jamie

This thing's still going? Hmm, how about that...

I scanned back over last night's "festivities" and see a couple'a posts I should've addressed then but didn't.

If I were a mean bastard I'd go ahead and catch those now. :)

Actually, I am a mean bastard, but I'm not sure this thread would survive much more, or that it would even be worth the effort. ( No where near enough coffee in me yet, and the sun's a long way from going down... so it'd be a load of work at this point anyway. :D )

J.