Motorcycle owners, where do you get your new tires mounted and balanced in Nashville?

check around to find the best price or you can do it yourself. there are many inter net sites that show you how to do it yourself. back in the later 90 i started doing it myself. got tired of looking for a place that would do it and do it right for a fair price. only you do it yourself it becomes easy the next time and the next time. the tools needed are cheap and after two times of doing it yourself you will save the cost of the tools and some more.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no worry that I couldn't change them myself. How do you balance them in your carport though? The spoons are not that expensive, I looked at them but I have no way to ensure they are balanced and that's the biggest reason, time being 2nd, that I didn't explore this further.

i pickup a balancer from a guy that makes them on the net. got it from marc parnes products. marc is a good guy and takes phone calls also. he makes a good product and stands behind his work. he has a step by step on how to do it and if you are not sure call him and he will walk you through it over the phone.

Got the tires Saturday evening, Fedex delivered them after I had left to go out at 5:37PM. Those boys work late. Dropped it off yesterday at Paul's ATV and Motorcycle repair outside Westmoreland. Picked it up this evening after work. Seems they did good work, felt very balanced on the short ride home. I'll work them in the rest of the week and see how they do. 98 bucks to mount and balance, 45 per wheel. I wasn't finding it any cheaper elsewhere but would have had to load it in the truck to take it to folks around Nashville.

R1100R, I asked the lady who took the phone call last week on the shaft driven bikes but she did not know. Paul wasn't there yesterday and I plum forgot to ask him today. Sorry.

I'm, glad you got it done. I'll give them a call.

I have no worry that I couldn't change them myself. How do you balance them in your carport though? The spoons are not that expensive, I looked at them but I have no way to ensure they are balanced and that's the biggest reason, time being 2nd, that I didn't explore this further.

As Frankmako said, there's lots of static balancers available on the web. After looking at a few, I built my own.

As for time, I find it quicker to do it myself in an hour or two. I also take the opportunity to clean and inspect the brakes, wheel bearings, suspension, chain, etc. And I know that the axle nut and pinch bolts got torqued properly.

Just balance them on the bike. Not a perfect way to do it but will get you close.

On a side note: I heard this weekend that Motorider rode out west on vacation. Him and some others were heading towards Colorado but don't know when they were going.

Later,

Verne

Guest buttonhook

you can get the mounting and balancing supplies at harbor freight. I know In the wind in knoxville mounts on or off the bike pretty cheap.. I have a honda interceptor the single sided swing arm makes it easy to remove and replace the rear tire so I'm not sure what they charge to do that