Capt. Phil Harris last episode tonight

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I love this show, and I hate this. Going to be a sad night, even knowing what happens. Been watching since it came on years ago. The "After the Catch" episodes that they have been playing, he always comes up, and to see these hardcore Captains breakdown and a tear roll out, is something to see. It's going to be hard to watch.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Honestly, through Discovery and Netflix, I have watched EVERY EPISODE released of this show. Capt Harris was ALWAYS my favorite one, from Day 1. I can't imagine what it's going to be like tonight, but I am gonna watch it.

Guest db99wj
His crazy kids will now kill each other! Those mean ass boys probably helped poor old Phil have that stroke!

Well they sure as hell didn't help with his stress levels. Man those two just constantly go at it.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Well they sure as hell didn't help with his stress levels. Man those two just constantly go at it.

They did switch the Two Jakes on boats this season.

Guest db99wj
They did switch the Two Jakes on boats this season.

That was crazy how they switched them back too.

And remember Captain Phil had just caught Jake grabbing some drugs. That had to add to his stress level.

Guest db99wj

"Hey this is Phil, if it's important I'll get back to you, if I don't get back to you, you'll know why"

That is the awesomeness of Captain Phil Harris!

Guest db99wj
They said they had a "special" 2 hour episode, but only showed a regular 1 hour job. What gives? I didn't figure "After the Catch" counted as part of the 2 hours since they do that every week.

I thought the same thing at first. I think They considered it 2 hours because the show was about him and they dedicated the After the Catch show to him. So it was kind of 2 hours.

Guest Glock23ForMe
That was crazy how they switched them back too.

And remember Captain Phil had just caught Jake grabbing some drugs. That had to add to his stress level.

As soon as I saw that episode... I though... "Damn, son, you just killed your Dad"

I thought the same thing at first. I think They considered it 2 hours because the show was about him and they dedicated the After the Catch show to him. So it was kind of 2 hours.

I think next week will be like this as well. I kept seeing commercials during the show for next week and IIRC, they had a regular episode, then a tribute show for Capt. Harris.

Guest db99wj
I think next week will be like this as well. I kept seeing commercials during the show for next week and IIRC, they had a regular episode, then a tribute show for Capt. Harris.

Yep, I got that it is the aftermath, when the rest of the fleet find out, that he died. That will be the focus.

As soon as I saw that episode... I though... "Damn, son, you just killed your Dad"

Contrary to poular belief, stress does not cause strokes or brain bleeds. No amount of psychological stress can cause an artery to block or become weakened. Bad lifestyle choices can do both. Same with heart attacks.

If this didn't happen when it did, it was going to happen anyway. The son on drugs was merely a coincidence. But we as humans always try to make connections when none exist such as the Greks seeing their "gods" in the stars.

Guest db99wj
Contrary to poular belief, stress does not cause strokes or brain bleeds. No amount of psychological stress can cause an artery to block or become weakened. Bad lifestyle choices can do both. Same with heart attacks.

If this didn't happen when it did, it was going to happen anyway. The son on drugs was merely a coincidence. But we as humans always try to make connections when none exist such as the Greks seeing their "gods" in the stars.

Understood. But doesn't stress raise blood pressure, high blood pressure can lead to heart issues and strokes? In other words, stress doesn't cause the issue, it enhances existing issues by causing other problems, such as the high blood pressure?

My way of thinking is that doctor has told me to manage stress, thus lowering high blood pressure, thus reducing my risk of heart attack/stroke.

Understood. But doesn't stress raise blood pressure, high blood pressure can lead to heart issues and strokes? In other words, stress doesn't cause the issue, it enhances existing issues by causing other problems, such as the high blood pressure?

My way of thinking is that doctor has told me to manage stress, thus lowering high blood pressure, thus reducing my risk of heart attack/stroke.

That is correct sir. Although smoking, obesity and a generally sedentary lifestyle are bigger factors (Capt. Phil had all of these going against him). Rigorous exercize actually raises blood pressure also, however by continuing on a rigorous exercize routine, the body learns to cope, over time, and it will actually reduce blood pressure, ultimately.

I'm merely talking about the immediacy of the stroke in connection to finding his son taking drugs.

Guest db99wj
That is correct sir. Although smoking, obesity and a generally sedentary lifestyle are bigger factors (Capt. Phil had all of these going against him). Rigorous exercize actually raises blood pressure also, however by continuing on a rigorous exercize routine, the body learns to cope, over time, and it will actually reduce blood pressure, ultimately.

I'm merely talking about the immediacy of the stroke in connection to finding his son taking drugs.

No kidding, he also had mentioned drugs in his past, no telling how battered his body truly was. He had a hard 54 years. Smoking since he was a kid probably, his weight, I'm sure his diet was about as bad as you could get.

Guest Glock23ForMe
No kidding, he also had mentioned drugs in his past, no telling how battered his body truly was. He had a hard 54 years. Smoking since he was a kid probably, his weight, I'm sure his diet was about as bad as you could get.

The diets on those boats are like 6000-7000 calories a day, because the Deckhands work all that off and still lose weight... I imagine Phil wouldn't eat a salad while the rest of the crew had fried "everything".

Guest db99wj
The diets on those boats are like 6000-7000 calories a day, because the Deckhands work all that off and still lose weight... I imagine Phil wouldn't eat a salad while the rest of the crew had fried "everything".

Nor did he have a separate meal cooked, he ate what they ate.

I'm not sure that the older boy (Josh) is all that bad. He seems pretty reasonable. I think that Jake is the source of their conflicts.

Also, just to point out, the reason Phil caught Jake stealing drugs is because he was feeling bad and went to get his pills. So, he was probably already having the stroke when he caught Jake.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I'm not sure that the older boy (Josh) is all that bad. He seems pretty reasonable. I think that Jake is the source of their conflicts.

Also, just to point out, the reason Phil caught Jake stealing drugs is because he was feeling bad and went to get his pills. So, he was probably already having the stroke when he caught Jake.

Yeah, but that worry about your son... As well as fishing... IDK. Maybe worry doesn't contribute to a stroke... IDK. I'm just a pilot.

Guest Bonedaddy

I really hate he died. Wife cried half the night over that. Was definitely sad considering he was my fave but I really think people may be surprised by his kids when they get the boat going again.