gun and magazine storage

laktrash

I'm in the process of taking my pistols out of the cases and putting them on racks to make more room in the safe. I understand its better to store guns out of the case ? How do you ya'all store your magazines ? Leave them in the safe or in the cases. I plan on storing the cases in a tupperware or something container. If I leave them in the safe i don't want to have a pile of magazines. BTW I got some nifty gun racks from buds for $12.99 nothing fancy but work well for the price. Ordered thurs 1:30 had fri before 3:00

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm magazines.

Some are in the guns, either loaded or unloaded. Just depends ( on what I don't know)

Some are in the safe on a shelf and some are in my range bag and then others are in an ammo can, I think there is one or two in my truck. Damn things are like roaches, they get everywhere.

I was trying get the best organized or storage method . I really hate to leave extra's in the case since they won't be in the safe plus I have a couple of duplicate pistols that I don't want to mix and match. Not that it really matters. Yep they are like roaches especially if you throw ak mags in the mix

My system sounds haphazard but actually it is finely tuned model of efficiency. I know where everything is at all times. And there are reasons for things being where they are.

I also operate on what many consider to be chaos theory. It works well and confuses the antagonist. ;)

I was trying to get rid of some clutter. c'mon whats the chances of me needing the spare mag for llama 38 super in a hurry LOL I don't even have ammo or 4 detonics mags. I'm just "remodeling" the safe didn't know if anybody had better way. Actually I prefer the stack method and beleive I'l stick with that. Just glad I don't have a spare for my jennings.

Guest Gopher6

Long guns with wooden stocks are stored muzzle down in the safe. Pistols with unloaded mags in the door of the safe. No loaded long gun mags in the safe. Spare mags are in plastic tubs and range mags are in a box under my bench with the ready mags. Social interaction gun has a loaded mag, empty chamber.

Guest cheez
hmmm magazines.

Some are in the guns, either loaded or unloaded. Just depends ( on what I don't know)

Some are in the safe on a shelf and some are in my range bag and then others are in an ammo can, I think there is one or two in my truck. Damn things are like roaches, they get everywhere.

+1

Guest motonut
hmmm magazines.

+1. I need to do something about them too.

I have this gun rack in the safe (pic 1) but I found the gun carousel while I was looking for a photo. Pretty cool but pricy ($60 from Brownells).

qq38t2.jpg

24o6a75.jpg

2mplv7cw