I guess we will get to see how much you Glock guys know tomorrow

mav

Evening folks. One of the guns I frequently shoot at the range is my Sig P226 X-Five L1. It is a fabulous gun, but it is just slightly (major understatement) on the heavy side. I want to continue to shoot 9mm for cost reasons, but I would like to use a gun that I would considering using as a defensive gun. To solve the problem, I broke out my FNP-9 the other day and headed off to the range. The FNP-9 is a nice gun, but I have always thought the trigger absolutely sucks.

Well, the range trip reminded me about the crappy trigger, and I switched to my Wilson after a few runs with the FNP-9. I went home to look for some aftermarket parts for the FNP-9 and couldn't find anything. That is when I started thinking about what all you Glock guys talk about.

To make a long story short, I cleaned up the FNP-9 and went by the Shooter's Depot after work and traded it in for a Glock 34. When I get off work tomorrow I will drop by the range and see how it goes. My intial impression is the trigger is slightly better than the FNP-9, but still not all that good. The nice thing is since it is a Glock, there are tons of aftermarket parts available.

Lastly, I wanted to make a plug for our new gun store, The Shooter's Depot. If you haven't been there, stop by. These guys are some of the best in town to work with, and yes, their range is open.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will like it. I was almost anti Glock about three years ago until I bought a 36. I liked it so i ended up buying a 19c due to the cost of ammo. I love the 19, it will eat anything and has never had one malfunction. I will recomend to change the plastic guide rod due to the factory being plastic. It also helps with muzzle flip.

Guest cheez

+1 for Shooter's Depot. Great people and great prices on guns. I am a premium charter member and got my e-mail saying the range is now open. Have not had a chance to go shoot yet but will try to go before the week is up.

As for the Glock well there is no more dependable defense weapon on the planet. I had a Glock 17 with over 2500 rounds down the pipe with the original factory plastic guide rod and spring. No problems or malfunctions of any kind. Maybe the steel rod and Wolf springs are better but you can't prove it by me. IMO if the Glocks needed a steel guide rod they would either have them or at least offer them as a factory upgrade.

Guest BigMitch

I use to swear off Glocks when I carried my Kimber Ultra CDP II then it jammed 9 times in 100 rounds so i pulled the G19 out shot 700 rounds of Win White Box, 50 rounds of law man and 100 rounds of PMC (i believe) threw it in one day without a problem... you just can't beat a Glock

I had been thru most Glock models before I picked up my first G34. I gotta say that if I knew how well a G34 would shoot I would have bought one a lot sooner. It has become my favorite shooter/plinker in 9mm. Even the G19 stays in the safe. I think you will like it once you get used to the change.

Guest The Highlander

Welcome to the superior engineering of the Glock!

Seriously, I pretty much like any gun, but I love my glocks!

I was not rabidly anti-Glock, I just didn't really care for the looks of the things. Then my wife went to a local gun-pusher to choose her gun for HCP. She literally handled every suitable weapon in the cases (Thanks Mahoney's for your patience!) and to my amazement picked out a G26 instead of the nice S&W 19 or PPK I had envisioned.

Well, I had to take it to the range to be sure it went bang. And boy did it. Within a couple of days I had bought the G17 I still carry and compete with. Since then I've gotten several more and I have yet to have any kind of failure with any one of them.

They are just awesome weapons, and the G34 is on my short list to buy next.

Let us know what you think of it after a few trips to the range.

Edited by The Highlander
Typing screw up...Glock doesn't yet make a G334!

To make a long story short, I cleaned up the FNP-9 and went by the Shooter's Depot after work and traded it in for a Glock 34. When I get off work tomorrow I will drop by the range and see how it goes. My intial impression is the trigger is slightly better than the FNP-9, but still not all that good. The nice thing is since it is a Glock, there are tons of aftermarket parts available.

The Glock 34 is currently my only firearm, and other than the size, I love it. I think you will have several thousand rounds worth of fun out of it. I do.

Here is a pic of one of my Glock projects, a 17L upper with Bomar sights and a CCF stainless frame. It weighed a "ton". I was trying to make a silk purse out of "sows ear." Really, I wanted to try and make a Glock as accurate as possible. I also tried an aftermarket G34 slide and after market barrel. What I recommend now is stay stock and get new sights, spend your money on ammo and few key replacement parts.

Glock17LCCFSteelFrame-1.jpg