New gun shop job openings!!!

Considering the real reason for the thread and the bumps and all I'd say they have been stomped on!!!! Just my humble opinion!

From what I've heard this was cleared with the administration. However, I don't think thread dumping either personal or professional has yet to be cleared from the COC. :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe
Considering the real reason for the thread and the bumps and all I'd say they have been stomped on!!!! Just my humble opinion!

IMHO, I'm not trying to step on any toes, because, well, mine are quite sore right now, I dont think that is what he was trying to do at all. I think he was doing the opposite. Personally, by him only going through PM and stuff, I'm not sure if his intent was the whole "cloak and dagger" mess. Honestly, maybe he had respect for you and didn't want to post everything about his store and location here. I'm not saying anyone should apologize to anyone or anything like that, but I wouldn't call him out on this thread and stuff. I just think that's borderline unprofessional. I owned a game store and still have it, and I have had GameStop come in and do everything but take pictures of stuff, and I don't care, I know I can beat their price. I don't have to put words anywhere to say that. My customers know that I can beat their prices.

And furthermore, what's wrong with posting job opportunities here? In this economy? Maybe we should hang him and then ask questions later? Maybe he wants to offer people jobs on here before he goes out into the crazy job market, to help a friend out. I don't think he meant this thread to do what you "think" he mean. This is all my opinion and I'm not trying to change anyone's either. :D

Let me try to clarify some things. Navy was employed by G&L for about a month iirc. During that time he attempted to coerce some of our employees to leave us and join him at the shop he was planning on opening, and was let go after it was brought to our attention. We dont care if one of our employees has plans on striking out on his own, but trying to undermine the business you are currently employed with is rather underhanded. Further along those lines he has tried to hire people from TGO to work at a "business that he has a line on" or however he put it, rather than just coming out and saying hey, I'm starting a new shop, would anyone like to apply for a job. Further punctuated by the fact that he apparently only gives details in PM's.

Agian, more than a little suspicious.

He might have the nicest shop this side of Nashville, but this isnt the way to start things out.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Neither is coming on here and screaming about how you already knew and that you'd lose a dollar before he made one and "GAME ON"... :2cents:

Not taking up for him, don't know the guy, but It's not the most professional for the ANY previously involved.

Let me try to clarify some things. Navy was employed by G&L for about a month iirc. During that time he attempted to coerce some of our employees to leave us and join him at the shop he was planning on opening, and was let go after it was brought to our attention. We dont care if one of our employees has plans on striking out on his own, but trying to undermine the business you are currently employed with is rather underhanded. Further along those lines he has tried to hire people from TGO to work at a "business that he has a line on" or however he put it, rather than just coming out and saying hey, I'm starting a new shop, would anyone like to apply for a job. Further punctuated by the fact that he apparently only gives details in PM's.

Agian, more than a little suspicious.

He might have the nicest shop this side of Nashville, but this isnt the way to start things out.

First off....

Yes.. I did work at G&L for a little over a month. During that time I never tried to coerce any employee to come and work for me, or undermine the business I was working for at the time.

At that time I was thinking about opening a store, did not have location, funding, or licenses. I did mention to another employee that one day I wanted to open a store, but that was all. Because at the time it was still a dream. I never did anything underhanded or unethical during my employment.

Secondly... The reason that job listing was posted the way it was, was due to the fact of not being an advertiser on TGO (yet), I contacted TGO COC and was given permission to post this way. I wanted to give people on TGO first shot at employment. I thought it was the right thing to do.

Third.... Mud slinging by competitors on a public forum (which I feel is unprofessional) is one thing, but personal attacks on my character is another.

Daniel, when your father asked me about opening a store I was upfront and truthful when I told him that I had thought about it in the past and it was a desire of mine that I wanted to do. He felt it was a conflict of interest me working there, and I understood, and it inspired me to move forward with achieving my goal. Your father even told me during that conversation that he would help me with contacts if needed. And wished me good luck.

I will not respond to any other mud slinging in public forums. If someone wishes to discuss these issues more with me. I would be more than happy to speak to them in person. In a calm and civil manner.

Guest Bronker
...Just my humble opinion!...

So far, I'm seeing very little that is 'humble' from what you have offered as an opinion. It does however sound like an opinion offered by one looking over his figurative shoulder for what he perceives as an approaching threat.

If you have all of this 'insider info' and all of this 'buying power' and 'presence', what do you have to worry about? Why undermine this guy publicly by flaunting all of this information about your knowledge of his overhead and such? You obviously feel threatened, or you'd not have done such intensive recon. It's one thing to do one's research, but to take preemptive strikes and post figurative threats hidden within 'pricing strategy' seems more of an act of desperation than an attempt at offering a business challenge.

I don't know, Phil. I don't know you or this Navy fellow, but as the dust clears, I fear you've done far worse damage to your credibility by being so antagonistic and undermining than if you'd just quietly accepted the fact that this country still offers free-enterprise opportunity.

:2cents:

Guest Glock23ForMe

... Daniel, when your father asked me about opening a store ...

:2cents: I guess it could just be me, but I laughed out loud when I read this.

Bronker, I agree 1000000%. I forgot that competition breeds improvement. Maybe we should shut down every gun shop within 100 miles so Phil doesn't have to do recon with the County Clerk and get on TGO and destroy everyone with his "Pricing Peril" plan...

Like I said, I have owned, and own, a shop, not a gun shop, but a game one, grant it I don't run it everyday, that's what I pay someone to do (The Direct Deposits ARE nice though :shake:)

Price is right, I'll buy a vector or arsenal ak from the store. Glad to see that there are other selections in the area. The best priced, better selection store will win the customers.

Edited by HOGNUT
spelling
Guest Bronker
...Let me try to clarify some things...

Not sure what you felt led to 'clarify'? You hadn't posted anything yet, no one had solicited your input, and still you jumped in...uninvited.

Why did you feel led to pile on?

I don't know this Navy guy, and it appears I'm taking up his cause, but gosh, I love free enterprise! Leave the man alone. He's done nothing illegal, nor anything to any of you personally.

Confused. Now clarify if you feel led to.

Edited by Bronker
Guest Glock23ForMe
Not sure what you felt led to 'clarify'? You hadn't posted anything yet, no one had solicited your input, and still you jumped in Phil's corner. Uninvited.

Why did you feel led to pile on?

I don't know this Navy guy, and it appears I'm taking up his cause, but gosh, I love free enterprise! Leave the man alone. He's done nothing illegal, nor anything to any of you personally.

Confused. Now clarify if you feel led to.

To "clarify", I think he was just jumping in the opposite corner of Navy... Because he "coerced" others.... IDK. Ask his Dad, he should know. :2cents:

(If further "clarification" is needed, please see post #38)

After my initial WOW, i gotta do another WOW! This thread has exploded all over the place.

Personally, I can't see how having more quality gun stores in the area is a bad thing. Unless you are the Wally World of gun stores I would think it would be a boon to have a greater variety and options that folks can use to justify shopping or even making a trip. You're average gun guy doesn't just go to one store and then home. Usually they will hit all the stores on their way to or from the farthest store or go to all the ones in a general area. As long as they are decent places, it should increase traffic. In creased traffic mean increased sales for everyone. It changes a niche market to a volume market. The mind set goes from just looking to which one to buy.

Every store wants to be the monopoly, but it is generally better for the market if there are several strong competitors in an area to drive more traffic. The more traffic that is driven the more casual buyers you will have and that is where the money is.

Salesmen who only look for the big sale will starve between big paychecks right before they have a career change. The guy who makes all the little sales will make a consistent, steady, and good living. :2cents:

Edited by Smith
Guest Bronker
...Still dominating victories!...

Enjoy it while you can, PigBoy. Some day soon, I shall have time to 'debut'.:2cents:

There...there's your laugh. Now go to bed.