Unknowing twins marry each other

Daniel

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ETS_Inc

Alabama has nothing on the State of Maine, as far as inbred redneckery.

When my first ex-wife and I got our marriage license, I swear to John M. Browning, printed on it, in black type, was the phrase "In order to be married, first cousins must have a letter of counseling signed by a physician." It was on every marriage license issued in the State. And I know full well and good why it is:

From early '95 until I left for Basic Training in November '96, I lived in a small apartment in Sanford, ME; about 35 miles south of Portland, or about 1 1/2 hours north of Boston. There was a couple living next door to me - Ricky and Barbara. Barbara was significantly older than Ricky, by the way.

Another neighbor passed along to me the story of Ricky and Barbara. When Barbara was much younger, she had two sons, but for whatever reason, gave them up for adoption. Fast forward 17 years. She starts dating Ricky. After about 6 months, they got to talking about family, and lo and behold, it comes to light that Barbara is Ricky's biological mother. Sick, right? Well, that's not the half of it. Up to that point, they didn't know better. Of course, sensible people would either move to opposite ends of the world, never to see each other again, or they'd put bullets into their brainpans out of disgust. Not Ricky and Barbara. Oh no, not them.

They stayed together, living together as both mother/son and girlfriend/boyfriend. From what several sources told me, she'd had at least 3 miscarriages in the three years they were together before I met them.

They were the most disgusting people it's ever been my displeasure to meet. And not just due to their ongoing sexual relationship. You'd see them out one day, walking around barefoot. Then, the next day Barbara would be wearing the clothes Ricky had worn the day before, and vice versa. That was de rigeur for them.

I almost shot and killed Ricky one day. My then fiance (ex-wife #1), who was pregnant at the time, and I were at the local gravel pit / shooting range with my former roommate and his girlfriend. Ricky is out there, riding his dirt bike. Well, he rides right across the top of the backstop, as I'm shooting into it. Once I cease fire and put the weapon down, I walk towards the direction he went. As I crest the sand pile, I surprise Ricky, who's just sitting there. I warn him to be more careful, lest a stray round strike him on accident. I then turn around, and walk back to my friends. A few minutes later, while we're talking, Ricky rides close by, and slides his rear tire as he passes us, peppering us with dirt and gravel. Keep in mind that my obviously pregnant fiance is standing there, getting rocks thrown at her by some inbred redneck. I grabbed my AR and took aim at his rear tire, and juat then remembered I was out of ammo. Had the rifle been loaded, I probably would have shot his dirtbike, if not him. He didn't bother to come over and visit my downstairs neighbors again in the remaining couple of months I lived there.