Posting after ages, which rifle to buy

mk19

So I've been depolyed to Afghanistan and have not visited here for ages. Been wanting to buy a rifle once i come home for vacation, and can not make up my mind on what i want. been thinking about the SCAR or the ACR, but wanted to know which one would be better. right b4 i left i had a chance to briefly check them both at G&L. like the feel and finish of the SCAR, and was shocked by how loose the mag fit in the ACR (not sure if that plagues all ACRs or not) I do however like the vesitality of the ACR. I want to know from the folks who own either and how they feel about them. The internet is super slow here and i really don't have much time to set and search, being away for so long should be a great indicator. :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Owned a SCAR and loved it, had to sell it to fund another rifle I had been wanting.

But, now that the ACR Enhanced is out, I'm not sure which I would buy.

The ACR Enhanced has a better, heavier barrel. Also you've got the option of 6.8 SPC and 5.45x39 (no telling when and if FN will even offer replacement barrels). I've fondled the ACR but never shot it, and I was impressed with it. I'd love to shoot one, one of these days, so I can make a fair comparison.

As always thanks for your service!

Guest drv2fst

Have a FN Scar if you want to try it out. Bought it from JHatmaker. It's a great gun. Recoil is lighter than a DI-M4 or LWRC. Folding stock is something most AR's can't do. FN's are always very well made guns. I go to the range often so you can come try it out whenever you want.

OnTarget in Murfreesboro has two ACR's on the wall. One black and one tan. They seem heavier than the Scar but I haven't done a side by side comparison.

Edited by drv2fst

I guess i have to wiat and see which one i wanna go with once i am back. right now i have my sights set on a couple of different toys, we'll see :death: Thanks for the offers to let me shoot your rifles, hopefully i can get around doing that.