Vols Football 2010

Well, the great "Lame Kiffin" screwed us over last year. This year we have a new coach and a difficult challenge. Heck, who knows, UT-Martin may win tonight.

What are your thoughts about UT football this year? Do we have future prospects?

No UT bashing - I really want to hear some serious discussion about our football future or whether we are a team that is in the "sunset."

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vols are my team so I know to take nothing for granted. Martin may well give us a hard time.

I have high hopes for this season just like every year. Have not payed any attention to pre-season news so I don't even know who's playing.

Dooley is definitely a better fit for Tennessee than that Kiffen punk. He's got a good pedigree but just cause his dad was a star means jack. His past gig as head coach of LA Tech was a little mediocre.

I just can't take another "rebuilding" year. Hopefully the boys will come out and blow the whole conference away. That ain't gonna happen but you gotta dream.

I think UT ends up <.500 this year. It's no reflection on Dooley, I think he's likely to be a good coach in the future, but when you lose all five O-linemen, your QB, RB, and most of your defense, there's little hoe you can field a team competitive in the SEC.

UT will be back, but it will take 2-3 years, I'm betting...

Guest Sgt. Joe

Being a hardcore Gator fan I have to think you guys are selling yourselves short this year.

I maintain plenty respect for any team that plays in the SEC and if any of you saw the FL game today what do you think will happen to them in two weeks when they come up here if they play like they did today?

Since the two teams always open conference play with each other it is a huge deal, I certainly hope not but I would not be surprised to see TN beat FL this year in Kville. They gave us a much bigger game than most expected last year and other than the score they whooped AL up and down the field last year.

There is plenty talent there and with the coach being the son of a ledgend I am sure he has some wrinkles up his sleeve. I just dont think it is going to take all that long to bring TN back to being a contenter. I see at least a Bowl game this year and maybe even more.

Tough conferences make tough teams........Any Saturday folks Any Saturday !

I think all in all it is going to be an interesting year in the conference and college football as a whole.

Guest mosinon

This year my hopes revolve around beating Kentucky. I think it is 26 in a row or something and I'd hate to see that streak broken. I think Dooley will get a decent team built if given a chance but I think the days of 10 win seasons are a thing of the past. Everyone else has gotten much better.

It is hard to imagine future UT teams as talented as some of the teams Phil had rolling in the late nineties.

Guest Sgt. Joe
I didn't see anything past this....:P
I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that. But being the trooper that I am, I pressed on. I hope you're right Sgt. Joe.:P

Yall really dont want me to start using my Gator flag for an avatar now do ya:D

And I am always right, yall will be fine sooner than you think...

Maybe:p

Exactly He screwed himself over, and USC got what they deserved!!!
I'm sorry, Mike, Lame Kiffin did not screw me over personally . . .

Willis stated it perfectly above . . .

The bitterness cracks me up. Same bitterness is in Cincy over Kelly leaving.

So the ex coach is supposed to stay at UT, or UC even though they have been offered their dream job. Not even mentioning the substantial increase in pay and the upward movement in their careers. This crap crack me up. Why in the world would a guy pass up his dream job? All any employee owes an employer is their best efforts while they are on your payroll. Nothing more is due.

And when is a good time to quit? After the bowl game? Oh not then it is too close to sign up day. After the recruit commits? Yeah that is fair to a kid who thinks you are going to be his coach. After recruiting season? Well that is not good as you are preparing with spring practice. After spring practice? Well Summer camp is about to start. After summer camp? Can't quit right before the season starts. So when does a coach quit?

I think you might be better served asking why there is not a candidate who thinks your university is their dream job? Oh yeah, you got sick and fed up with the guy who thought of UT as his dream job. Find a qualifed candidate who thinks your school is their dream job and the problem is solved. unfortunately there is not one for UT.

USC certainly got what they deserved but it had nothing to do with Lane Kiffen.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Being a hardcore Gator fan I have to think you guys are selling yourselves short this year.

I maintain plenty respect for any team that plays in the SEC and if any of you saw the FL game today what do you think will happen to them in two weeks when they come up here if they play like they did today?

Since the two teams always open conference play with each other it is a huge deal, I certainly hope not but I would not be surprised to see TN beat FL this year in Kville. They gave us a much bigger game than most expected last year and other than the score they whooped AL up and down the field last year.

There is plenty talent there and with the coach being the son of a ledgend I am sure he has some wrinkles up his sleeve. I just dont think it is going to take all that long to bring TN back to being a contenter. I see at least a Bowl game this year and maybe even more.

Tough conferences make tough teams........Any Saturday folks Any Saturday !

I think all in all it is going to be an interesting year in the conference and college football as a whole.

So, you were pretty sad today that your Gators played bad.. They still won, but they played really bad... Considering when the center snaps it, and it slides past the QB for 10 yards... :P

I am still waiting to hearhow Kiffen screwed UT over.

And UT took the wood to Martin

Left early in a contract, took Defensive Coordinator with him, a week before Signing Day, and then stole recruits illegally from UT. Hence the NCAA sanctions.

Left early in a contract, took Defensive Coordinator with him, a week before Signing Day, and then stole recruits illegally from UT. Hence the NCAA sanctions.

NCAA sanctions against USC are from Pete Carrol's regime.

So when is a good time for a coach to quit?

Guest Glock23ForMe
NCAA sanctions against USC are from Pete Carrol's regime.

So when is a good time for a coach to quit?

There are some of them there just for Lane Kiffin, too....

and....

When your contract is up...

Guest Glock23ForMe
was fat Phils contract up when he was sacked?

I still think the big issue is why isn't there a qualified head coach who looks at UT as his dream job?

Cause UT won't pony up the big buck$.

If UT would quit with the 2.5 Million Dollar job offer and bump it up to where the big schools pay (Texas, USC, etc) at 5.00 Million, there would be huge named coached LINED UP to take the job... But they won't pay... Bottom Line. The AD is an idiot.