TGO's Sumner County Adopt-A-Highway (Choosing a date)

Best date for our first TGO's Sumner County Adopt-A-Highway clean-up?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Best date for our first TGO's Sumner County Adopt-A-Highway clean-up?

• Saturday, September 25, 2010
    • Sunday, September 26, 2010
    • Saturday, October 2, 2010
    • Sunday, October 3, 2010
    • I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it to any date chosen.

It's that time, folks! We need to set a date for the first clean-up of our designated section of Vietnam Veterans Boulevard (S.R. 386) in the Hendersonville area.

I've already received the Volunteer Release Form from the following TGO members:

• Rightwinger
  • 56FordGuy
  • StreetWK05
  • LagerHead
  • Trekbike

We could always use more volunteers, so for those of you who would like to join us in keeping our roadways clean and have not yet filled out the Volunteer Release Form, please take visit the

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/events-gatherings/39234-tennessee-gun-ownerss-sumner-county-adopt-highway-thread.html.

If you'd like to join our cause, I will need you to fill out a Volunteer Release Form and mail it to me ASAP. You can also email me your signed Volunteer Release Form in the form of a PDF file. If you decide to mail me your form, please PM me for my address.

You DO NOT need to live in the Sumner County area to join our group. This is open to anyone who's willing to spend a couple hours keeping our section of roadway looking pretty. We are required to perform a clean-up 4 times a year (once per season is suggested), so you are not committing a huge amount of time if you choose to help.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask and you shall receive. I noticed they were mowing 386 yesterday. It looks like most of our section is already done with just a short section around mile marker 6ish remaining as of 6:30 this morning.

I saw. As of about 6:00 PM today, our stretch was mowed and they had trimmed around the guard rails.

I'm still unavailable on the 25th, but any later date could work.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as it pains me to do this, I am no longer able to lead this endeavour. The personal issues I am having with my daughter have only gotten much worse, and I simply cannot focus on much of anything except for finding a solution to her problems.

I apologize to everyone who's been gracious enough to volunteer with the cleanup, TGO David for allowing me to move forward with this in the first place, and Joe at Hero Gear for donating the safety vests. I feel horrible for backing out, but I simply have no other choice at this time. At this point, it's become difficult enough to take things day by day, let alone plan anything days or weeks in advance. Things have just gotten that bad.

It would be great if another TGO member would be willing to take over my role, but if no one is willing and/or able to do so in the near future, I will return the safety vests to Joe and contact TDOT to let them know we are no longer able to participate in the program.

If anyone may be interested, please contact me ASAP. There isn't a lot you need to know, and it's not all that time consuming. I can easily walk you through the basics, and what I may forget can easily be found on the TDOT website.