Guest 2HOW

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kimber1

After reading through the Tn General Assembly web page, I found these two bills supposedly being introduced today. They are requiring manufacturers of handgun ammo and "assault" ammo to somehow code each bullet, keep records of purchasers for seven years--including name, age, TDL numbers, etc... This, if made law, would go into affect 1/1/09. This bill also requires that any ammo already owned that is not "coded" be destroyed after 2011. These bills need to be stopped.

After reading through the Tn General Assembly web page, I found these two bills supposedly being introduced today. They are requiring manufacturers of handgun ammo and "assault" ammo to somehow code each bullet, keep records of purchasers for seven years--including name, age, TDL numbers, etc... This, if made law, would go into affect 1/1/09. This bill also requires that any ammo already owned that is not "coded" be destroyed after 2011. These bills need to be stopped.

i dont see that happening.will they puy bar codes on brass?

if in a cold day in hell it did ammo prices would sky rocket

Guest Boomhower

Interesting bill. I had not seen this. Once again, another stupid idea trying to track something. This goes right along the same lines as the CA's purposed case stamper that would be built into every gun. I suspect the ammunition manufacturer's will jump on this one like the gun manufacturer's did with CA.

Something else that I read in there, they are purposing a new database (I assume like the NCIS) and the way they intend to pay for it is by adding on another tax to the ammo for the end-user. Half a cent for each shell, or .25 cents on each 50 rd. box in addition to the .10 cent ammo tax that already exist, in which I have no idea what purpose it even serves.

I guess we all need to start saving our brass now, buy up all the reloading stuff we can, and bury it all in the back yard.....This brings back so many conversational questions that I've read in the past. What about the re-loaders? What about somebody picking up your brass after your range session? and the list goes on and on........and in this case, what happens after 7 years when the TBI throws out there records. If someone wanted to plan something out, they could just as easily wait 7 yrs after the bought the ammunition.

Guest bkelm18
if in a cold day in hell it did ammo prices would sky rocket

No they wouldn't. Ammo would just cease to exist. That's exactly why California passed the microstamp law. They're going to make it such a pain in the ass to produce/buy/use firearms, they're effectively banning them since they can't legally do it outright.

what is it with our government????

the Batf is shutting down gunshops whenever and where ever they can. Lawmakers continue attempts to limit the ammunition that our weapons use...so they don't have to take our firearms.

this is getting monotonous and needs to stop.

I for one and going to begin NOW to restock and keep a goodly amount of ammo on hand...but we need to stop these people from taking our ability to defend ourselves away from us.

Hate to be a wet blanket, but this sort of petition is never given any consideration.

Sure they are given consideration. Your name, physical address, and email address will be sold to spammers and advertisers. Your inbox and your mailbox will be filled with trash. :eek:

<O:p</O:p

Anyone that feels strongly enough about an issue or pending legislation in Tennessee should write a formal letter to their legislators, sign it, put a stamp on it and mail it.

Internet “polls†and “petitions†are meaningless to your legislators as they show nothing more than someone’s ability to make a few mouse clicks on a whim.

Finding stacks and stacks of mail in their office from the voters that voted them into office has their immediate attention.