Music City Tactical Shooters IDPA Match October 2, 2010

Music City Tactical Shooters would like to invite you to a 6 stage challenging IDPA match on October 2nd. This match will involve activators and steel match designs. Minimum round count is 91 Pistol rounds. Setup will be at 7AM and new shooter orientation at 8:45. Rounds downrange at 9AM. Please come early to help with setup. We hope to see you there. Upcoming 2011 Matches will be posted this week!

NEXT MATCH:

IDPA - October 2, 2010

91 Rounds Minimum Pistol

Click Here for Stage descriptions

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will need to be done for our NTPS brothers for their match this weekend. If you find someone, have them call me or Tim Calhoun from NTPS immediately. The number is on the website. Thank you for your help in looking on short notice.

I've one more guy to call. I'll tell him to call you if he's able to do it. How much (estimated) needs to be done?

If I was free, I'd bring my Blue Beast back down there, but my plate overflows right now. If I can find a man to do it, I might send him down with my equipment.

Let you know.

Weather should not be a problem this weekend. This match will test all of your skills with a firearm. The match will have more tough stages than most of the sanctioned matches in the area for 10% of the cost.

Edited by HOGNUT

*****Attention: All current, expired, and potential members of MCTS******

This Saturday during shooters' meeting announcements, the Executive Committee will announce a member only(in good standings) giveaway. Details will be sent to the members via email that could not attend. We will post information on our website next week after the match. For all of those expired members that have not renewed their membership, you are missing out. We will be limiting the size of our club membership each year (due to insurance regulations) so if you enjoy shooting and wish to help the club grow, it will be on a first come basis until the membership is filled. If this is successful as we anticipate, we will have this opportunity each year.

Hope to see you at the range this weekend!

Stages look great Mikey, I'll try to make it early enough to help set up.

Mike/Kemp, I'm going to shoot an Enhanced Sissy Pistol this weekend... have never shot a classifier for other than SSP though, what class will I be in (FWIW, my last one in Gallatin was good enough for SS in SSP/ESP shooting a Glock and think I may have left the Vickers mag release in it by accident, so technically guess I was shooting ESP... if that matters or not)?

- Chip

Stages look great Mikey, I'll try to make it early enough to help set up.

Mike/Kemp, I'm going to shoot an Enhanced Sissy Pistol this weekend... have never shot a classifier for other than SSP though, what class will I be in (FWIW, my last one in Gallatin was good enough for SS in SSP/ESP shooting a Glock and think I may have left the Vickers mag release in it by accident, so technically guess I was shooting ESP... if that matters or not)?

- Chip

Technically it will be UC. However, we can get that changed to an appropriate level to reflect your shooting ability. No worries. Glad to see you coming!

Technically it will be UC. However, we can get that changed to an appropriate level to reflect your shooting ability. No worries. Glad to see you coming!

Cool. Doesn't really matter to me, was just wondering if I'd have to shoot a classifier specifically for ESP or not.

Chip

You need to shoot the classifier as ESP

Here is the rule page 72

A competitor may compete in club matches in a division he does

not have a classification in, provided he competes in the highest

classification he presently holds. Shooters may not go down in

classification except for permanent physical disability or for other

irrevocable reasons. IDPA HQ will determine this. When

shooting the classifier for different divisions, you must shoot a

separate classification match for each division you wish to

compete in, even if you use the same gun.

If you totally sandbag it we can request a reshoot on this rational from the rule book again page 72

4. Insure that the shooter’s classification represents his true

skill level. Should a match director feel that a competitor

should be shooting in a higher classification level, he has the

right to require that the contestant shoot the classifier again to

reestablish current classification.

Anyway just bring it out and run it ESP in whatever your highest current classification is until you shoot a classifier as ESP