Pocket Carry Only ...

xRUSTYx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I carry my Sig P238 equinox in a DM Bullard pocket holster too, but i got the one that converts from back pocket to front pocket. I didn't see the point in the mag holster because it doesn't hold it in place.

Qiestion: do you have the smooth or rough out. Will the handgun freely draw from the holster or is there holster movement?

Qiestion: do you have the smooth or rough out. Will the handgun freely draw from the holster or is there holster movement?

good question .... i ordered the smooth myself. not even sure which one is pictured, but it looks like the smooth? would be interested to see what the rough one looks like?

Yeah it's smooth on outside and natural raw leather on the inside. It draws pretty smoothly, i just give a slight pushoff with my middle finger and it comes right out of the holster.

• 1 month later...
That's what I am concerned about .... the adjusting/muss/fuss :woohoo: good to hear!

I may be ... However, made my own holster yesterday (jerry rigged, but it worked for my experiment) and started playing with it last night. Adjusting every which way .... Different positions, different cants, different depths. Some worked pretty well, but none were incredibly comfortable. P238 in the High Noons IWB holster in my front pocket (even with the full metal clip) -- No printing, not uncomfortable at all.

Sir, it matters tremendously exactly which holster you wear. I have tried 4 different IWB holsters and every one of them feel very, very different. Before you throw IWB carry to curb, you need to give it a fair chance plus one or two. There's no way a home made holster that is rigged is comparable to something made by experts. Angle, depth, shape, profile, type of leather, etc. all make a big difference in the end result.

Why don't you give a Milt Sparks VMII, Comp-Tac MTAC / Spartan, Tucker's The Answer, or other holster like them a serious try and see if it doesn't work out for you. When I started out, i didn't have jeans/pants one size larger than I normally wear. That was a mistake. Upsizing pants one size larger made a 100% difference in feel and comfort. Also, you cannot believe how much difference a real gun belt makes in carry comfort and support. I use the Comp-Tac belt and love it.

There's nothing wrong with pocket carry. However, it is generally slower to draw from IMO and every pocket is cut different. My opinion is that you need to really give IWB a serious attempt with the proper equipment and clothing. If it doesn't work out after that, THEN throw it to the curb. IWB carry will not be "incredibly comfortable" until you get the right equipment, and get used to having a foreign object inside the pants against your body. However, after a month or two, with the proper equipment, my suspicion is that if you carry it every day, you will soon feel "incredibly uncomfortable" without it.

If you buy from a top quality leather maker, OWB also is a good option for most of the year if you don't mind dressing around it. But just like IWB, comfort varies by holster. All holsters are not equal.

All of this commentary is based on my own experience and that of thousands of others. Take it or leave it. Just trying to help out.

Edited by tt0511